Zildjian K Custom Dark Crash Cymbal 17 in.
Videos (8)View All
16" K CUSTOM DARK CRASH
Zildjian Drum Set Cymbals 101
17" K CUSTOM DARK CRASH
18" K CUSTOM DARK CRASH
The Zildjian 16" K Custom Dark Crash cymbal gives drummers a mellow yet cutting accent like no other. Part of Zildjian's renowned K Custom series, prized for producing cymbals with a traditional finish and innovative hammering techniques, this 16" crash cymbal utilizes a special over-hammering process that provides a quick, bright attack with an extraordinarily fast decay. The result is a heavier cymbal with the response of a lighter model, generating greater volume potential and richer overtones. For drummers seeking to add depth and definition to their kit, the K Custom Dark Crash is the bold, distinguished choice.
Quick, Resounding Attack Followed by Rapid Decay
The K Custom Dark Crash speaks with a fast, bright attack before decaying swiftly into darker, mellower tones with a hint of trashiness. This unique sonic signature gives drummers greater control and nuance when accenting rolls, hits and crescendos. The rapid decay also allows for quicker transitions into and out of the crash, enabling tighter, more rhythmically complex playing. For genres like jazz, progressive rock, fusion and world music that demand both power and precision, the K Custom Dark Crash delivers.
Full, Rich Tones with Dark Character
Beneath its quick response lies a full, robust voice with darker overtones. The K Custom Dark Crash provides enough volume and cut to stand out in a mix without overpowering the kit. Its rich, mellow wash brings depth and warmth, blending well with other cymbals. Drummers can rely on the K Custom Dark Crash to add a distinctive dark accent that speaks with as much finesse as force.
Traditional, Time-Honored Construction
Like all K Custom cymbals, the Dark Crash is cast from B20 bronze, an alloy prized for producing complex overtones, and finished with Zildjian's traditional lathing and hammering techniques. These time-tested manufacturing processes are key to the K Custom series' musicality, warmth and character. The result is a professional-level cymbal that not only looks stunning but delivers the sought-after K Zildjian sound that has defined drumming for centuries.
As of October 1, 2009, all Zildjian Cymbals are guaranteed against manufacturer's defects for two (2) years from the date of original purchase.
For warranty claims outside the U.S., contact your local Zildjian distributor. Click here for the international distributor locator.
Cymbals that show factory defects within two years of their original purchase are eligible for examination at our factory. Zildjian experts will evaluate the damage and issue a replacement cymbal, unless it appears the damage is related to improper use or care.
If you believe your cymbal has a factory defect:
1. Contact Zildjian to obtain a Return Authorization number (RA#), via telephone: 781-871-2200.
2. Indicate the location of the damage on the cymbal with a piece of tape.
3. Make a photocopy of your original numbered and dated sales receipt.
4. Carefully package your cymbal. Include your RA# and the photocopy of your sales receipt in the box.
5. Ship the package to:
Avedis Zildjian Company
22 Longwater Drive
Norwell, MA 02061
A Cymbal will not be replaced if:
1. It has been misplayed, dropped, played with excessive force or treated abusively.
2. The center hole is worn due to improper stand set-up or abusive play.
3. The cymbal was bought second-hand or used in a lease program.
4. The cymbal has previously been replaced by Zildjian.
5. More than two years have passed since the cymbal was purchased.
• Cost of shipping a damaged cymbal to Zildjian is the customers responsibility.
• Factory evaluations take approximately 4 - 6 weeks.
• Cymbals that do not meet the warranty guidelines will be returned to customer.
• Cost of shipping a replacement or damaged cymbal back to the customer will be covered by Zildjian.