Schilke Standard Series Trumpet Mouthpiece Group I 14A4x Silver
Order it today! This item is backordered, but you can save your place now so you don’t miss it when it’s back in stock. You won’t be charged until it ships.
- Available sizes: 5A4, 6A4a, 7B4, 8A4, 8E2, 9, 9C4, 10A4a, 10A4, 10B4, 11A, 11Ax, 11C2, 11, 11D4, 1E, 12A4a, 12A4, 12B4, 12, 13A4a, 13B, 13, 13C4, 13D4, 14A4a, 14A4, 14A4x, 14B, 14C2, 14
- Model number: The model number references 4 areas—Cup Diameter, Cup Volume, Rim Contour, and Backbore
- Cup Diameter: Smallest numbers are the smallest diameter; diameter sizes increases as the number increases Cup Volume: A—Small, shallow; B—Medium Small; C—Standard, medium; D—Medium Large; E—Large
- Rim Contour: 1—Roundest; 2—Semi-Round; 3—Standard; 4—Semi-Flat; 5—Flattest
- Backbore: a—Tight; b—Straight, slightly more open; c—Standard; d—Medium-Large, slightly curved out; e—Large; x—Piccolo, Extra Large
- Finish: Silver plate
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
• 5A4: 15.84 mm, .624" cup diameter; 26 throat. Small cup diameter which aids upper register. Popular for use as a piccolo trumpet mouthpiece.
- • 6A4a: 15.99 mm, .630" cup diameter; 27 throat. Shallow A cup with cushion number 4 rim for extreme high register work.
- • 7B4: 16.08 mm, .633" cup diameter; 26 throat. Excellent for the player with thin lips. Number 4 rim provides good endurance with a brilliant tone.
- • 8 mmA4: 16.25 mm, .640" cup diameter; 26 throat. The slightly funnel-shape cup at the entrance to the throat provides a good tone and the number 4 semi-flat rim gives superior endurance.
- • 8 mmE2: 16.15 mm, .636" cup diameter; 26 throat. The deep funnel-shaped cup provides a smooth tone and is very flexible in all registers. Recommended for cornet players
- • 9: 16.33 mm, .643" cup diameter; 26 throat. Standard characteristics allow for a full penetrating tone quality.
- • 9C4: 16.36 mm, .644 in cup diameter; 26 throat. Like the 9 mouthpiece, however the 4 semi-flat rim provides excellent endurance.
- • 10A4a: 16.43 mm, .647" cup diameter; 27 throat. The combination of the shallow A cup, semi-flat number 4 rim and tight a-backbore assists with upper register work.
- • 10A4: 16.43 mm, .647" cup diameter; 27 throat. Same as the 10A4a but with a standard c-backbore, which offers less resistance.
- • 10B4: 16.43 mm, .643" cup diameter; 26 throat. A medium-small funnel-shaped B cup offers both a quality sound and support in the register.
- • 11A: 16.51 mm, .650" cup diameter; 26 throat. This rim size and contour is similar to the model 11 mouthpiece, but with a shallower A cup.
- • 11AX: 16.51 mm, .650" cup diameter; 27 throat. This model was developed for the Schilke piccolo trumpets. The x-backbore improves the ease of playing and opens up the sound on a piccolo trumpet.
- • 11C2: 16.51 mm, .650" cup diameter; 26 throat. Similar to the model 11 featuring a slightly rounded number 2 rim contour.
- • 11: 16.53 mm, .653" cup diameter; 26 throat. A superior mouthpiece with standard characteristics for a free-blowing mouthpiece.
- • 11D4: 16.58 mm, .653" cup diameter; 26 throat. Slightly deeper than the model 11 with a number 4 semi-flat rim, which provides a definite cushion feel for endurance.
- • 11E: 16.58 mm, .653" cup diameter; 26 throat. The large funnel-shaped cup encourages a big round tone, ideal for cornet.
- • 12A4a: 16.71 mm, .658" cup diameter; 27 throat. Similar to the 12B4, but with a shallow A cup and tight a-backbore, which adds both endurance and range.
- • 12A4: 16.71 mm, .658" cup diameter; 27 throat. This mouthpiece is the same as a 12A4a, but with a standard c-backbore.
- • 12B4: 16.71 mm, .658" cup diameter; 26 throat. This medium-small conical B cup provides a full tone and the number 4 semi-flat rim allows for more endurance.
- • 12: 16.69 mm, .657" cup diameter; 26 throat. A traditional medium size mouthpiece that includes a number 3 standard rim and c-backbore, which allows the player a full spectrum of sound.
- • 13A4a: 16.76 mm, .660" cup diameter; 27 throat. The shallow A cup, semi-flat number 4 rim and tight a-backbore creates an ideal lead mouthpiece.
- • 13A4: 16.76 mm, .660" cup diameter; 27 throat. Same as the 13A4a, but with a standard c-backbore which allows a free-blowing feel.
- • 13B: 16.77 mm, .660" cup diameter; 26 throat. This mouthpiece has a B cup that is slightly deeper than the 13A4 and also offers a narrower round rim.
- • 13: 16.8 mm9mm, .665" cup diameter; 26 throat. Ideal choice for a student or developing player with standard number 3 rim contour. The rounder rim provides increased flexibility and quick response. The C cup offers volume for tone.