Vincent Bach was a rare combination of artist and engineer. A mechanical genius and acclaimed trumpet soloist, his instruments and mouthpieces are used today in every major studio and orchestra in the world. Bach personally designed the tools and composed the plans that continue to set the high standards for making all Bach products today.
"Choosing the perfect mouthpiece is often more difficult than choosing the perfect instrument. Your success as a musician depends on the choice of equipment that will do justice to your capabilities."
- Model No. / Depth of Cup / Approx. Cup Dia. / Rim Shape / Description
- 8-1/2 / Deep / 16.10 mm / Medium wide, lowered
- toward the outside. Med. sharp inside edge. / Slightly smaller in diameter than No. 7; produces a full, round tone. Preferred by players with a sensitive embouchure and by those whose work is very strenuous.
- 8-1/2A / Very deep / 16.10 mm / Medium wide with rounded inner edge. / Produces a full, velvety tone. Suitable for cantilena playing.
- 8-1/2B / Medium deep / 16.10 mm / Medium wide, lowered toward the outside. Medium sharp edge. / Like No. 7B but with a cup diameter just enough smaller to facilitate production of the high tones.
- 8-1/2C / Medium / 16.10 mm / Medium wide, well rounded. / Medium C cup provides flexibility and easy response. Clear, brilliant tone throughout the register.
- 8-3/4 / Deep / 16.10 mm / Medium wide, not too sharp. / Produces a tone of great volume and Teutonic character. Very effective in symphonic work and opera.
- 8-3/4C / Medium / 16.10 mm / Medium wide, slightly flat. / Similar to No. 7C, but with a slightly smaller cup diameter. Response helps endurance for players who suffer from fatigue.
- 9 / Deep / 16.05 mm / Medium wide, lowered toward the outside. / The same style and rim as No. 7, but with smaller cup diameter.
- 9A / Very deep / 16.05 mm / Medium wide, well rounded. / Produces a mellow, sweet tone.
- 9B / Medium deep / 16.05 mm / Medium wide, lowered toward the outside. / Corresponds with No. 9. Slightly darker tone. Players with narrow lips who tire quickly feel relieved when using this model.
- 9C / Medium / 16.05 mm / Medium wide, lowered toward the outside. / Similar in size to No. 9 but produces a more brilliant, open tone. Free high register, easy response. Suitable for strenuous all-round work by players with narrow lips.
- 9D / Medium shallow / 16.05 mm / Medium wide, lowered toward the outside. / Similar in size to No. 9 and in tone to the more brilliant No. 7D. Players with narrow, sensitive lips get satisfactory results with this model. Recommended for the extreme high register.
- 10 / Deep / 16.00 mm / Fairly wide with rather broad, flat surface. / Similar to No. 7, but smaller in size and with a broad, flat rim. Suitable for players with fleshy, soft lips.
- 10B / Medium deep / 16.00 mm / Fairly wide with rather broad, flat surface. / Same size as No. 10 but with warmer tone. Gives good results to players with heavy, thick lipsespecially those who become easily fatigued.
- 10C* / Medium / 16.00 mm / Fairly wide with rather broad, flat surface. / Same rim as No. 10, but with a medium C cup. Especially designed for high notes and sparkling brilliancy.
- 10-1/2A / Very deep / 15.90 mm / Medium wide, well rounded. / Produces the mellow, rich lyric cornet tone favored by players of the Italian school.
- 10-1/2C* / Medium / 15.90 mm / Medium wide. / Fine high register, resonating low register. Particularly useful to players without a strong embouchure. Ideal for C trumpet.
- 10-1/2CW / Medium / 15.90 mm / Extra wide, high toward the inner edge. / Size, cup shape, and playing qualities are similar to the No.10-1/2C. Cushion rim recommended for players who use heavy pressure.
- 10-1/2D / Medium shallow / 15.90 mm / Medium wide, high toward the inner edge. / Similar in size to No. 10-1/2C, with a shallower cup for more brilliance and an easier high register.
- 10-1/2DW / Medium shallow / 15.90 mm / Extra wide, high toward the inner edge. / Same depth of cup and diameter as No. 10-1/2D, with an extra wide cushion rim for players with fleshy lips.
- 10-1/2E / Shallow / 15.90 mm / Medium wide, high toward the inner edge. / The same scintillating tone as No. 7E. Preferred by players with weak lips who have to play in the high register.
- 10-1/2EW / Shallow / 15.90 mm / Extra wide, high toward the inner edge. / Cup diameter and shape are the same as No. 10-1/2E, but the extra wide rim offers support to players who have soft, fleshy lips and play continually in the extreme high register. Sometimes used for piccolo trumpet.
- 10-3/4A / Very deep / 15.75 mm / Medium wide, well rounded. / Slightly smaller cup diameter than No. 10-1/2A. Has the mellow, sweet tone generally used by players of the Italian school.
- 10-3/4CW / Medium / 15.75 mm / Extra wide. / Cushion rim for players with thick, fleshy lips who are accustomed to using much pressure. There is no easier-blowing mouthpiece with such voluminous and brilliant tone.
- 10-3/4EW / Shallow / 15.75 mm / Extra wide. / Shallower than No. 10-3/4CW to produce a very penetrating, glittering tone. For extreme high register work. Cushion rim.
- 11A / Very deep / 15.70 mm / Medium wide, well rounded. / A medium-small mouthpiece with a round, full, old-fashioned cornet tone.
- 11C / Medium / 15.70 mm / Medium wide. / A beautiful brilliant C trumpet tone that requires little effort to play in the high register, yet with a free low range.
- 11D / Medium shallow / 15.70 mm / Medium wide, well rounded. / Produces a brilliant tone, effective in the high register. Good for players not having a strong embouchure.
- 11DW / Medium shallow / 15.70 mm / Extra wide. / Players with thick, fleshy lips, especially those who can not rely on the strength of their lip muscles, can use this cushion rim mouthpiece to advantage. Produces crisp, easy top tones.
- 11EW / Shallow / 15.70 mm / Extra wide, rather high toward the inner edge. / A cushion-rim mouthpiece especially designed for the extreme high register. Because of the extra shallow cup, the tone is very brilliant, piercing, and cuts well. For players who have heavier than normal pressure in the high register.
- 11-12A / Very deep / 15.65 mm / Medium wide, well rounded. / Similar to No. 11A, but slightly smaller. Produces a rich, round tone.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.