and save 10% in addition to your trade creditView exclusions and limitations.
Save on the Gear You Really Need When You Trade Your Old Rig
Outgrown, outdated or no longer needed, sometimes our gear has served us well, but it’s time for it to move on. Look around the rehearsal space, studio or garage and turn the stuff you’re not using into the gear you need. You can get same-day payment if you’d like to just take the money, or trade up to a new piece and save 10% on your purchase on top of your trade credit during this special event.
Save time and money when you trade with Guitar Center
- No packing or shipping
- No waiting for an auction to close and no deadbeat bidders
- Sell or trade when it fits your schedule-no waiting for potential buyers
- Stay safe from the unknown with a transaction away from your home or rehearsal space
Call our toll-free number (866-498-7882) to see if your item qualifies. Make sure your items are in clean, working condition and include all necessary parts before bringing them to your local store. Sorry, we don’t purchase non-functioning products.
Once you arrive at the store, here’s how it works
Check in with a sales associate to review what you have to sell or trade.
While you check out the latest deals and new arrivals, your associate will review your items based on condition, brand and the store's current stock levels.
The associate will determine the value of your items–we can't always take everything, but we'll make an offer for all your gear that does qualify.
You walk out of the store with a check or cash in your pocket or with the new gear you've been wanting–with no waiting and no-hassle, same-day payment for your used gear.
- Electric Guitars
- Acoustic Guitars
- Guitar Amp Heads and Cabs
- Electric Basses
- Acoustic Basses
- Lap Steels
- Effects Pedals
- Drum Kits
- Electronic Drums
- Drum Hardware (high-end)
- Keyboard Workstation
- DJ Mixers
- Drum Machines
- Electronic Drum Amps
- Electronic Keyboards
- Digital Pianos
- Sound Reinforcement Cabs
- Powered Studio Monitors
- Technics Turntables
- Audio Signal Processors
- Acoustic Pianos
- Custom-Built Cables or Snakes
- Copyrighted Material
(software, books, videos and DVDs)
- Computers and Consumer Electronics
- Snakes and Switching Systems
- Analog Tape Recorders
- Wireless Units
- Guitar Parts, Strings, Drum Sticks and Drum Heads
- Upright Acoustic Basses
- Large Recording and Live Sound Mixers
- Studio Furniture
- Lighting Gear
- Drum Hardware (low-end)
- Turntables (other than Technics)
- Stand-Alone Digital Hard Disk Recorders
- DAT and CD Recorders
- Band and Orchestra Instruments