Universal Audio Volt 176 USB Audio Interface
Videos (1)View All
Volt – Built to Inspire
Universal Audio’s Volt 176 desktop recording interface for Mac/PC and iPad/iPhone delivers 1-in/2-out USB 24-bit/192kHz audio conversion, tone shaping via 76 Compressor (based on UA’s iconic 1176), selectable Vintage mic preamp mode and a suite of industry-leading software. Universal Audio created Volt 176 for singers, songwriters, musicians, livestreamers and podcasters who want to easily record audio with big studio sound. The Volt features top-of-the-line audio quality in a retro-inspired industrial design, making it easy to create professional-sounding music productions, livestreams and podcasts at home or on the road. Built-in vintage-style mic preamps and tone shaping bring the rich, full sound of classic UA outboard gear to your studio. It includes a full suite of audio and music tools from Ableton, Relab, Melodyne, UJAM, Marshall, Ampeg and more, giving you all the creative control and flexibility you need.
Record Yourself with Best-in-Class Audio Quality
From the team that brought you the game-changing Apollo interface, Volt 176 delivers superior studio sound quality, with more character and tone than any USB interface in its class.
Capture a Classic Vocal with Vintage Mic Preamp Mode
Control Volume Peaks with UA Compression
Get album-ready punch and presence with Volt 176's onboard 76 Compressor, an innovative analog circuit inspired by UA's classic 1176 Limiting Amplifier. The 76 Compressor features three perfectly tailored presets to tame voice, guitars, synths and drum machines. Just plug in, pick a setting and play.
Stay Inspired with a Curated Suite of Audio Software
Some audio interfaces give you a smattering of random audio apps. Not Volt. Instead, UA put together a bundle of serious music production tools, virtual instruments and plug-ins including Ableton, Melodyne, UJAM’s Virtual Drummer, Marshall, Ampeg and more.
Easy In, Easy Out
Volt 176 gives you simple 1-in/2-out audio connections. Just plug a mic or instrument into the front panel. Then connect your speakers or headphones to monitor your audio with no latency. With Volt, you'll be creating like a pro, fast.
iPad and iPhone Ready
When traveling light, plug Volt 176 into your iPad or iPhone, and you can easily create beats and samples, record your band’s rehearsals and edit songs anywhere.
Includes a 30-day Free Trial to UAD Spark
Volt 176 users get an extended 30-day free trial to UAD Spark, an ever-expanding library of world-class plug-ins and instruments for a low monthly price. UAD Spark plug-ins run natively on Mac and will give your recordings the pro analog tones heard on your favorite albums.
Capture Inspiration for Years to Come
Featuring rugged metal construction, retro wood sides and sleek industrial design, Volt 176 elevates your production space with impeccable style, built to last decades.
- Desktop 1-in/2-out USB audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion for Mac, PC, iPad and iPhone
- Vintage Mic Preamp mode lets you record voice or guitar with the rich, full sound of a classic UA tube preamp
- Built-in 76 Compressor adds instant clarity and punch to voice, instruments, and other sources with all-new analog circuit based on UA's iconic 1176
- Essential suite of audio and music software including Ableton, Melodyne, UJAM’s Virtual Drummer, Marshall, Ampeg and more
- Studio-quality headphone amplifier for loud, clear monitoring
- USB bus powered for less cable clutter
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Direct Monitoring for latency-free recording
- Stylish, rugged construction built to withstand years of use
- 1-in/1-out MIDI connections
- USB-C to USB-A cable included
- Ableton Live Lite
- Softube Marshall Plexi Classic Amp
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle
- Celemony Melodyne Essential
- Relab LX480 Essentials
- Plugin Alliance Ampeg SVT-VR Classic
- Brainworx bx_tuner
- Brainworx bx_masterdesk Classic
- UJAM Virtual Drummer DEEP
- UJAM Virtual Bassist DANDY
- Spitfire Audio LABS
- Max bit depth: 24-bit
- Max sampling rate: 192kHz
- Total inputs: 1
- Mic preamps: 1
- Total outputs: 2
- Connections: USB 2.0
- MIDI I/O: Yes
- Headphone output(s): 1
- Computer platform: Mac, PC, iOS
- Phantom power: Yes
- Direct monitoring: Yes
- Monitor control: Yes
- Headphone control: Yes
- Analog or digital: Analog/digital
- Connectivity: USB, 1/4”, XLR
- Power supply: Yes
- Cable: USB-C to USB-A cable included
- Stand: No
- Rackmountable: No
- Included software: Yes
- Mac requirements: OS X 10.14 Mojave or later
- Windows requirements: Windows 10 64-bit edition or later
- 64-bit compatible: Yes