Universal Audio UA Bock 251 Tube Condenser Microphone With Power Supply
Going beyond the famed ELAM 251, considered by many to be the greatest vocal mic ever made, this Universal Audio David Bock-designed 251 masterpiece features hand-sourced components for rich vintage sound with enhancements for performance and consistency.
Add Handmade Magic to Your Studio
The UA Bock 251 is David Bock's loving interpretation of the classic 251 microphones he studied and maintained as chief technical engineer of the world's top recording studios for two decades. Hand built at UA’s Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California, the UA Bock 251 mic puts "golden unit" sound at the heart of your recordings.
Rich Tube Mic Sounds, With Updated Sonics
With its German-made CK12 capsule and large output transformer, the UA Bock 251 gives you extended low-frequency response down to 10Hz and higher SPL capabilities versus vintage 251 microphones.
Built for a Lifetime of Harmonious Recording
Handwired using premium components, each UA Bock 251 is built and tested to David Bock's exacting specifications. With its vintage-inspired case, robust shockmount and accessories, this mic spares no expense to last a lifetime.
- Large-diaphragm tube studio condenser mic
- Lovingly handmade at the UA Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California
- Iconic, "golden unit" mic sounds with modern enhancements by David Bock
- Switchable omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-8 polar patterns
- German-made CK12 capsule and Cinemag transformer
- Microphone type: Tube condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardioid, omni, figure-8
- Frequency range: 10Hz–18kHz, ±2dB
- Sensitivity: –34dB (19mV) ref 1V at 1Pa, 1kHz
- Max SPL: 118dB SPL, 1% THD
- Output impedance: 150 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: Greater than 1.2 kohms
- Adjustable controls: Polar pattern selector for cardioid, omni, figure-8
- Connector: Tuchel (mic), 3-pin XLR (power supply)
- UA Bock 251 power supply; 100V, 115V (default) or 230V operation
- Premium vintage-style suitcase
- Dimensions: 8.5" (216 mm) length, 2" (52 mm) diameter
- Weight: 1.58 lb. (716 g)