Universal Audio UAFX Orion Tape Echo Effects Pedal Blue
The Universal Audio UAFX Orion Tape Echo pedal brings you the sound of a legendary Maestro EP-III tape echo unit in a compact, durable stompbox. With the Orion, you can choose between pristine mint, gently worn or well-loved old tape types for sonic variation, from subtle warmth to saturated splutter. Its authentically modeled preamp adds boost and overdrive for extra grit. The Wonk control introduces warbly, modulated repeats and funky tape splice textures.
Vintage Tone From Accurate EP-III Models
The Orion contains faithful models of three distinct EP-III units: Mint, Worn and Old. Select Mint for lush, hi-fi echoes. Worn imparts gentle tape saturation and compression. Old introduces heavy tape wear, dropout and distortion for aggressive, grungy echoes. With simple controls, you can dial in the perfect amount of color and imperfection.
Shape Your Sound With Variable Preamp Gain
The EP-III's solid-state preamp is renowned for adding punch and attitude. Orion's Preamp control lets you boost your echoes and entire signal chain, from subtle lift to saturated overdrive. Push the preamp into breakup, then tame highs with the built-in tone control for a range of vintage-inspired tones to suit any playing style.
Get Weird With the Wonk Control
Orion's Wonk knob adjusts modulation intensity, taking your echoes from pristine repeats to wobbly, warped textures. At minimum, it imparts subtle pitch variations for natural-sounding modulation. As you turn up Wonk, echoes become more warped and splicey, culminating in self-oscillating madness.
Despite its advanced algorithms, Orion is built for life on the road. It features sturdy metal housing, footswitches rated for 100,000 presses and analog signal bypass for maximum tonal integrity. Power it with a standard 9-volt adapter and Orion provides decades of dependable echo bliss on any pedalboard or studio setup.
- Authentic emulation of a vintage Maestro EP-III tape echo in a compact stompbox
- Perfectly captured analog preamp for fat, boosted tones and effects
- Selectable Mint, Worn and Old tape machines for distinct color and texture
- Wonk control for modulated repeats and vibey tape splice sounds
- Mono operation, true/trails bypass, Preamp off/on, analog dry through
- Timeless UA design and craftsmanship, built for decades of dependable performance
- Power requirements: Isolated 9VDC, center-negative, 250mA minimum (sold separately)
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" TS unbalanced
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4" TS unbalanced
- USB Type-C for updates via computer
- Height: 2.29"
- Width: 2.58"
- Depth: 4.75"
- Weight: 0.659 lb.