Taylor GS Mini-e Special-Edition Acoustic-Electric Guitar Vintage Sunburst
When it comes to small-body guitars, the Taylor GS Mini has become a standard by which others are judged—it's got an amazingly bold sound in a size you can take anywhere. The GS Mini-e Vintage Sunburst Special Edition acoustic-electric guitar leverages that tradition and takes it up a notch with a cool vintage-style sunburst finish, and its own vibe and sound. This special GS Mini-e has a solid Sitka spruce top, and layered sapele back and sides, so it not only looks great, but it delivers a surprisingly clear, powerful sound for a guitar of this size, making it great for everything from strumming by yourself to jamming with friends.
Big Sound Comes in This Small Package
When Taylor designed the GS Mini, they were after a blend of musicality and portability that would deliver the voice of a full-size guitar in a take-anywhere package. The 23.5" scale length is incredibly comfortable to play, but not so short as to require a huge readjustment when you switch over from your full-size instrument. That shorter scale also makes it an ideal acoustic guitar for smaller hands, and retains the snap and the tuning stability you want.
Woods Selected for Big Tone
Solid Sitka spruce is the most in-demand wood for acoustic guitar tops because it strikes the perfect balance between stiffness and flexibility. This means you get a wide range of sound with clear, crisp notes and great dynamics. The layered sapele back and sides of the Taylor GS Mini-e Special Edition Vintage Sunburst give a sturdy base for the strings to do their thing. As a layered wood, It's also more resistant to temperature and humidity changes too, so it's great if you're always on the move.
Quality Built to Last a Lifetime
Taylor build quality, and overall fit and finish, have become legendary and span their entire range of guitars. Taylor has been at the forefront of using new technologies and innovative design thinking to create acoustic guitars that are consistently, well, consistent—in sound, in feel and in overall playability. The GS Mini-e Special Edition is heir to all of that development, and in a guitar that is as at home at the beach or around the campfire as it is in the recording studio or on stage.
Pickup Designed for Natural Sound
When you're ready to plug it in, the Expression System Basic (ES-B) pickup system has you covered. From the built-in tuner to the handy tone and volume controls, it's easy to use and provides up to 300 hours of playing on a pair of batteries. Plus, if you forget to switch it off, no worries—it'll doze off by itself after three minutes, saving that battery power for your next gig.
It's no small wonder that this small wonder has become the go-to for so many players who want a "pick-up-and-go" acoustic. The Taylor GS Mini-e Special Edition is ready for your next musical adventure, no matter where that might happen.
- Solid Sitka spruce top, layered sapele back and sides
- 23.5"-scale neo-tropical mahogany neck, 20-fret genuine West African ebony fingerboard and bridge
- Micarta "Wave" saddle, TUSQ nut, die-cast chrome tuning machines
- Onboard Taylor ES-B electronics, 3-band EQ
- Body type: Grand Symphony Mini, Non-Cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back and sides: Layered Sapele
- Bracing pattern: GS Mini With Relief Rout
- Body finish: Matte
- Neck shape: GS Mini Profile
- Nut width: 1-11/16" (42.8mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African Ebony
- Neck wood: Neo-Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 23.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Matte
- Bridge: Genuine West African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" saddle; TUSQ nut
- Pickup/preamp: Taylor ES-B behind-the-saddle transducer
- EQ/Tuner: 3-band EQ; Yes (digital chromatic LED)
- Tuning machines: Die-Cast Chrome
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Gig Bag
- Country of origin: Mexico