Roland MC-707 GROOVEBOX
Videos (5)View All
Roland MC-707 GROOVEBOX | Baseck First Impressions
Roland MC-707 GROOVEBOX for Live Electronic Music Producers and Production
Roland MC-707 GROOVEBOX: Overview
Roland MC-101 & MC-707 GROOVEBOX v1.60 Update: Arpeggiator, Random Tone Generator and more
The Roland MC-707 GROOVEBOX is a groove production center packed with thousands of curated sounds and powerful tools for creating full tracks. This innovative workstation combines clip-based sequencing, advanced synthesis and professional sampling in a portable package. With eight tracks of audio and MIDI recording, real-time control over timing and effects and a hands-on interface, the MC-707 provides an immersive experience for producing electronic music in any style.
Clip-Based Sequencing With Eight Tracks
The MC-707 features an eight-track sequencer optimized for modern styles like house, techno, hip hop and EDM. Each track holds up to 16 clips that can contain tones, drum kits, audio loops or MIDI patterns. Re-arrange, resample and manipulate clips on the fly using the responsive pads and knobs. The step sequencer, modeled after classic Roland drum machines, provides a quick way to build rhythm parts. You can even record knob movements and play them back in perfect time with your sequences.
Advanced Synthesis Engine
At the heart of the MC-707 is Roland's latest ZEN-Core sound engine, which combines virtual analog modeling and PCM samples. It includes the iconic sounds of the TR-808, TR-909, TB-303, JUNO-106, and SH-101, as well as modern digital and hybrid tones. With over 3,000 preset tones and 80 drum kits, the MC-707 provides a huge range of sounds for any style of electronic music.
Professional Sampling Tools
The MC-707 makes sampling simple with on-the-fly recording that automatically syncs to your project's tempo. Capture vocals, acoustic instruments, software synths, or loops and trigger them as clips in your sequences. Edit samples by trimming, truncating, and reversing them using the responsive pads and knobs. With up to 12 minutes of mono sampling time (at 44.1 kHz) and support for WAV files up to 32-bit/96 kHz, the MC-707 is a powerful standalone sampler.
Studio-Quality Effects and Mixing
Each of the eight tracks features independent multi-effects processors with over 90 types of effects including delays, reverbs, choruses, compressors, and more. Apply grit and distortion with amp simulations and overdrives or get experimental with pitch shifters and bit crushers. For professional mastering and mixing, the MC-707 provides a master compressor, EQ, and 90 master effects to polish your tracks. Faders for each track enable you to quickly mix sounds and balance levels.
- ZEN-Core (Tone, Drum Kit)
- Tone, Drum Kit, Looper (Audio Loop)
- ZEN-Core: 128 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
- LOOPER: 8 (varies according to the available number of Looper track)
- 8 tracks
- 128 clips (16 clips per track)
- Preset Tone: 3,000 or greater
- Preset Drum Kit: 80 or greater
- User Sample (as a Tone or Drum Kit): available by importing form SD CARD
- Looper Sample (as a clip of Looper track): available by importing from SD CARD
- Track Multi-Effects: 90 types
- Track EQ
- Chorus/Delay: 9 types
- Reverb: 7 types
- Master Effects: 90 types
- Master Compressor
- Master EQ
- Maximum Step: 128 steps
- Time Stretch, Pitch Shift
- 256 x 80 dots graphic LCD (with backlit)
- SD Card (SDHC supported) for saving Project Data and Audio Data
- PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4" phone type
- MIX OUT(L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4" phone type
- ASSIGNABLE OUT(L,R) jacks: 1/4" phone type
- SEND/RETURN(L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4" phone type
- EXT IN(L/MONO/MIC, R) jacks: 1/4" phone type (it works as 1/4" TRS phone type when using MIC)
- MIDI (IN, OUT1, OUT2) connectors
- USB port: USB B type (Audio, MIDI)
- DC IN jack
- AC adaptor
- 16-13/16" x 10-3/8" x 2-3/8"
- 4 lb. 11 oz.
- Owner's manual
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
- SD Card (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)
- SD Card Protector (installed in the product when shipped from the factory)