QSC KW153 1,000W 15" 3-Way Active Loudspeaker
Videos (3)View All
Directivity Matched Transition
KW Series - Product Introduction
K Family Loudspeaker
With proven performance and solid workmanship, the KW153 takes the next evolutionary step in wood enclosure loudspeakers. QSC engineers combined all the technical advancements of the K Series with a custom-designed, tour-grade Baltic birch cabinet for unmatched sound quality and durability that’s ready for the road.
Although smaller and lighter than previous wood enclosure models, the KW153 has power to spare and cranks out clean, tight sound at output levels that seem almost impossible for its size. This 3-way workhorse pushes out so much bottom end that your audience will swear you’re hiding subwoofers somewhere.
Under the hood you'll find an efficient, Class-D power module that pumps out 1,000 watts of clean, distortion-free sound with crisp highs and deep, punchy lows. With 60 degrees of coverage, the KW153's 15" woofer drives low frequencies down to 33Hz, making it especially useful for DJing and live reinforcement of instruments. The 6.5". mid-range woofer and 1.75" compression driver produce smooth, clear mids and crisp highs. Equally comfortable as a stage monitor, the KW153 enclosure has an angled side for use as a low-profile, horizontal wedge and a flat side for proper side-fill use.
QSC incorporates several proprietary DSP technologies into the KW153, including Digital Extension and Excursion Processing (DEEP). DEEP allows the KW153 to deliver levels of low-frequency extension previously impossible in enclosures of this size. Another innovation is Intrinsic Correction, which uses dozens of spatially averaged measurements mapped to the processor to deliver smooth and accurate reproduction across the entire sound field. Preventing amplifier clipping or overload is QSC's proprietary GuardRail technology, which monitors the input voltage and controls the amplifier output stage before the onset of clipping.
Connectivity & Monitoring
The back of the KW153 features two XLR-combi inputs, each with its own level control. Both accommodate line-level inputs and one may be switched to microphone-level sensitivity. Phono (RCA) input jacks are also included for connection of consumer electronics sources. Dual XLR outputs are provided for dual "loop-thru" XLR/M connectors and a single XLR jack is available as a summed output. All three input sources may be used at once and mixed via the two gain control knobs. In addition, user EQ controls are provided to select between different subwoofer settings. For installed applications, connecting a commonly available potentiometer to the unit's Euroblock connector allows the operator to have gain control from a remote location. Multiple KW Series units can be daisy-chained together to one centralized control.
Suspension and Mounting
The KW153 may be pole-mounted, suspended or yoke-mounted. The yoke accessory kit (not included) allows for either horizontal or vertical yoke mounting, providing a flexible means of attaching KW Series loudspeakers to a building structure or truss. When suspended deployment is required, M10 threaded inserts support vertical or horizontal suspension, while the integral pole-mount socket accommodates 35 mm speaker poles for use on a speaker stand or over a sub. The pole socket is designed so that the speaker may be angled down 7.5 degrees in order to cover the audience while keeping acoustic energy off reflective walls and ceilings.
- Active/passive: Active
- Type: Three-way full range
- LF driver: 15"
- MF driver: 6.5"
- HF driver: 1.75"
- Amplifier class: D
- Wattage: 1,000W continuous
- Mixer/preamp: No
- Frequency response: 33Hz–20kHz
- Coverage pattern: 60° assymetrical
- Max SPL: 133dB
- XLR: 2 XLR/TRS
- RCA: Stereo pair
- XLR: 3
- RCA: 2
- Cabinet material: 15 mm painted birch ply
- Width: 23.4"
- Height: 20.1"
- Depth: 29.9"
- Weight: 88 lb.
- Configuration 15" 3-way trapezoidal
- Low-frequency: 15" cone transducer
- Mid-frequency: 6.5" mid-range cone transducer
- High-frequency: 1.75" diaphragm compression driver
- Frequency Response (-6dB) 35Hz–18kHz
- Frequency Range (-10dB) 334Hz–20kHz
- Nominal Coverage (-6dB) 75 axisymmetric
- Maximum SPL1 134dB peak
- Power Output2 1,000W Class-D (500W LF, 500W HF) continuous
- 2,000W peak
- Input Impedance (ohms): Channel A XLR/1/4"
- Mic gain setting: Balanced: Unbalanced
- 0dB: 38k/19k
- +12dB: 10k/5k
- +24dB: 2.66/1.33k
- +36dB: 660 ohms/330 ohms
- Channel B XLR/1/": 38k balanced/19k unbalanced
- Channel B RCA: 10k
- Power, Gain A, Gain B, Channel A Input Gain (0dB /12dB/24dB/36dB), LF Mode (Ext Sub/Norm/DEEP), HF Mode (Flat/Vocal Boost), Front LED (On/Off/Limit)
- Indicators: Power, Signal A, Signal B, Standby, Limit, Mic (24dB and 36dB settings)
- Connectors: Balanced female XLR/1/4" line/mic level input, Balanced female XLR/1/4" line level input, Dual Balanced male XLR full range line level out, Balanced male XLR "mix" out, Stereo RCA line level input, Remote gain control, Locking IEC power connector
- Cooling: On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan
- Amplifier Protection: Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail
- Transducer Protection: Thermal limiting, excursion limiting
- AC Power Input: Universal power supply 100–240 VAC, 50–60Hz
- AC Power Consumption (1/8 Power)
- 100 VAC, 2.3A
- 120 VAC, 2.01A
- 230 VAC, 1.13A
- Material: 15 mm painted birch plywood
- Finish: Black textured paint
- Grille: Black powder coated 16 gauge steel
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 43.1" x 18.5" x 16.8"
- Weight (Net): 87 lb.