The Fender American Ultra Series Stratocaster is designed for players who want the most advanced, highest performance Strat ever made. The team spent over two years on intense R&D, analyzing and improving everything for this new flagship line. Made in America in Corona, California, the American Ultra Strat features new noiseless pickups, advanced electronics, tapered heel and body contours, an upgraded neck shape in maple with rolled edges and new stage-ready finishes. It all adds up to a Stratocaster you’ll never part with. But don’t let these modern updates fool you. The vibe of the American Ultra series is still classic Fender.
Ultra Noiseless pickups
Fender first went noiseless back in 1998; the American Ultra Stratocaster features the 5th generation of these pickups, with decades of refinement behind them. It's classic, single-coil sound with zero noise and hum.
An S-1 switch is nested in to the volume knob, adding the neck pickup to any switch position. A treble bleed circuit maintains the highs even when you dial down the volume.
The 10” to 14” compound-radius neck makes for easy chording on the lower frets, with a flatter profile for faster fretting and more accurate bends on the upper registers. The maple fretboard has rolled edges for added comfort.
New neck contour
The American Ultra neck has a modern-D profile. It’s flatter than a standard-D, with a faster back and a little more “meat” on the shoulders. Fender created an all-new process to apply a thin coat of satin urethane, giving the neck a completely smooth, raw wood feel. Your hands won’t stick here.
- 3 vintage single-coil noiseless pickups
- Modern D-shaped tapered maple neck
- Rolled compound-radius maple fingerboard
- Alder or ash Stratocaster body
- Master volume and individual tone controls with 5-way switching
- Tremolo/vibrato bridge
- Available in variety of finishes
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Body shape: Double Cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Body wood: Alder or ash
- Body finish: Gloss
- Neck shape: D
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Material: Maple
- Radius: Compound
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Bone
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: Proprietary Single Coil
- Middle: Proprietary Single Coil
- Bridge: Proprietary Single Coil
- Control layout: Master volume, Individual tone, Individual tone
- Pickup switch: 5-Way
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Tuning machines: Locking
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Orientation: Right handed
- Country of Origin: United States