Warm Audio Bus Compressor
Videos (3)View All
Warm Audio // BUS-COMP 2 Channel VCA Bus Compressor "Getting Started"
Warm Audio // Troy Ramey "Rosary" - Direct Box Active & Passive / Bus-Comp 2 Ch VCA Bus Compressor
Warm Audio // NY Fellowship Choir "Mighty Long Time" - Direct Box Active & Passive / Bus-Comp
The BUS-COMP will perform well on stereo mixes, drum mixes, drum overheads, acoustic guitars, keyboards, piano, orchestral instruments, voice-overs and an array of other sources. The BUS-COMP is primarily designed for stereo use, but it can be used just as successfully on individual mono sources. VCA compressors of this type have become widely loved for their ability to control dynamics effortlessly but also for the added tone and depth they provide to the audio signal that passes through them, even when no compression is applied.
Re-creating legendary VCA compressor technology was the focus of the BUS-COMP’s design, however, adding options and improvements was just as important to us during its development. One feature is the BUS-COMP’s ability to have USA made CineMag transformers inserted into the signal path driven by fully discrete operational amplifiers. With a single push of a front panel switch, these custom USA made transformers are inserted into the audio path providing increased depth, tone and vibe!
As with all of Warm Audio products, the BUS-COMP was designed with a price point in mind. With efficient, modern manufacturing techniques they bring this boutique quality, classic VCA compressor to the market at a quality-to-price ratio previously unseen. More studios than ever before will now have access to analog quality VCA compression. The desire is for all musicians to be heard the way they want to be heard and the BUS-COMP is a perfect tool to perfect any mix.
- All analog, 2 channel, stereo VCA compressor
- Based on legendary VCA compressor technology
- Selectable discrete opamp stage with CineMag USA transformers
- Gain reduction meter as fitted to the classic console range
- External side chain source select
- Selectable Hi-pass Filter: 30, 60, 105, 125, 185 Hz
- Compressor engage switch for easy A/B compress vs no-compress comparison
- Performs well on stereo mixes, drum mixes, drum overheads, acoustic guitars, keyboards, piano, orchestral instruments, voice-overs and endless other sources
- Can be used on stereo as well as individual mono sources
- THAT 2180 VCA's
- Optimally provides both XLR and TRS connectivity
- Noise: < -90dBu
- Headroom: > +29dBu, 20Hz – 20kHz
- Dynamic Range: > 120dB
- Frequency Response: 18Hz – 22kHz
- THD + Noise, 20Hz – 20kHz, +20dBu input: < 05%
- Input Impedance: 10k Ohms
- Output Impedance: 50 Ohms