Taylor Builder's Edition 717e Grand Pacific Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar Wild Honey Burst
Videos (4)View All
Master Builder Andy Powers and the new Grand Pacific by Taylor
Taylor | Builder's Edition 717e | Overview
Taylor | Builder's Edition 717e | Playthrough
Taylor | Builder's Edition 717e | Feature/Spec
The Taylor Builder's Edition 717e Grand Pacific dreadnought acoustic-electric guitar features premium solid tonewoods, innovative V-Class bracing and Taylor's ES2 electronics, all of which delivers a lush, versatile sound with flawless playability. The torrefied Sitka spruce top and Indian rosewood back and sides provide warmth, richness and harmonic complexity. As your fingers glide across the compound carve neck profile your ears will revel in the 717e Grand Pacific's clear low end, tonal consistency and sweeping versatility. The 717e Grand Pacific Builder's Edition is a player's dream come true.
V-Class Bracing Unlocks the True Voice of Premium Tonewoods
Taylor's V-Class bracing helps the torrefied Sitka spruce top, and Indian rosewood back and sides reach their full potential. V-Class bracing creates purer, more resonant notes that don't cancel each other out, bringing the 717e Grand Pacific's overall tone into greater sonic alignment for an immersive playing experience. The result is exceptional dynamic range, crisp articulation and a bold, complex voice unlike any other dreadnought.
ES2 Electronics Deliver a High-Fidelity Plugged-In Experience
The 717e Grand Pacific features Taylor's revolutionary ES2 electronics, including three uniquely positioned pickup sensors and an ergonomic preamp with bass, treble and volume controls. Because the pickups sit behind the saddle, the bottom of the saddle remains in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's acoustic tone to shine through whether unplugged or amplified. The ES2 faithfully conveys the 717e Grand Pacific's voice through any PA, amplifier or recording software.
A Pleasure to Play, Joy to Hear
From the compound carve neck profile to the chamfered body edges, every detail of the 717e Grand Pacific is crafted for playing comfort. Its round shoulder dreadnought silhouette produces a tonal profile that is seductively bold yet versatile. Whether fingerpicking, strumming or flatpicking, the 717e Grand Pacific rewards musicians with a resonant, organic tone and flawless intonation up and down the neck.
- Exclusive round shoulder dreadnought created by Master Luthier Andy Powers
- V-Class bracing for better in-tuneness, sustain, projection
- Beveled body edges
- Mother-of-pearl peghead and fretboard inlays
- Taylor ES2 electronics
- Special "Country Western" deluxe hardshell case
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Body type: Round shoulder dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid torrified Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Solid Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: V-Class
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Grand Pacific Compound Carve
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Genuine West African ebony
- Tuning machines: Nickel tuners with nickel buttons
- Bridge: Genuine West African ebony
- Saddle and nut: Micarta "wave"/Graphite nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Taylor Deluxe hardshell "Country Western" case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States