Taylor 914ce V-Class Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar Natural
Videos (3)View All
Taylor | 914ce | Overview
Taylor | 914ce | Playthrough
Taylor | 914ce | Feature/Spec
Taylor's 914ce V-Class Grand Auditorium acoustic-electric guitar combines state-of-the-art design with luxurious appointments. Taylor's patented V-Class bracing introduces an entirely new platform for acoustic performance that optimizes volume, sustain and intonation. The ES2 pickup system, featuring three custom-calibrated sensors, works with Taylor's professional-grade preamp to produce exceptional amplified tone.
V-Class Bracing Revolutionizes the Acoustic Experience
Taylor's V-Class bracing marks a breakthrough in acoustic guitar engineering. It boosts volume and sustain while resolving intonation issues that have long plagued acoustic guitars. V-Class bracing creates notes that sound purer, louder and longer. The whole fretboard comes into alignment for a more musical experience whether playing acoustically or plugged in. Guitars with V-Class bracing are easier to tune, with notes that ring clearly up and down the neck.
ES2 Pickup System Captures Nuance and Dynamic Range
The ES2 pickup system features three uniquely positioned sensors that capture the guitar's full tonal range. Because the sensors sit behind the saddle rather than under it, the saddle maintains full contact with the bridge, conveying all the nuance of the guitar's unplugged voice. Together with Taylor's custom preamp, the ES2 system produces exceptional amplified tone that is highly responsive to playing dynamics and technique.
Premium Tonewoods Produce a Full, Complex Voice
Solid Indian rosewood back and sides complement the Sitka spruce top, yielding a tone with rich bass, sparkling highs and a slightly scooped midrange. The rosewood's sweeping tonal range includes deep lows, bell-like highs and complex overtones with extended sustain. The Sitka spruce top has a broad dynamic range with crisp articulation, balancing stiffness and elasticity for a versatile voice that responds well to different playing styles.
Luxurious Appointments and Enhanced Playability
Impeccably rendered appointments include colorful abalone shell and ebony binding with koa purfling. The Radius armrest reduces damping for enhanced comfort and tone. Premium Gotoh tuners provide precise, long-lasting tuning. A deluxe hardshell case provides optimal protection for this finely crafted instrument.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Yes - Venetian
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Indian Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Taylor V-Class Bracing with Relief Rout
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1-3/4" (44.5mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine West African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany with Ebony Backstrap
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Active Bass and Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: West African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Gotoh Gold Tuners with Gold Buttons
- Bridge: West African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Black Graphite Nut, Micarta "Wave" Saddle
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Radius Armrest
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA