Squier Classic Vibe '70s Jazz Bass V 5-String Black
The Squier Classic Vibe 70s Jazz Bass V is a nod to the 1970s evolution of the iconic J Bass combining its luxurious playability with the versatility and massive tone of dual Fender-designed alnico single-coil pickups. Now with an extended lower range, this 5-string bass provides flexible, familiar feel along with vintage-inspired style.
Player-Friendly Neck Profile and Radius
A slim, comfortable C-shaped neck profile with a 9.5" fingerboard radius and narrow-tall frets make the 70s Jazz Bass V accessible for players of all styles. The 34" scale length provides tight, punchy low end while keeping the strings taut for clear note articulation.
Authentic '70s Style With Modern Tone
This throwback Squier model features '70s-inspired details like block inlays, nickel-plated hardware and a vintage-tinted gloss neck finish. Its dual Fender-designed alnico single-coil pickups deliver a range of tones from bright and cutting to warm and round. Individual pickup volume controls allow blending and balancing of the pickups, while the master tone control provides overall high-end roll-off.
Rock-Solid Bridge and Tuning Stability
A vintage-style bridge with slotted barrel saddles provides solid string stability and sustain. Vintage-style tuners keep the 70s Jazz Bass V in tune through the most aggressive playing. The synthetic bone nut ensures accurate intonation for chords and melodies across the neck.
- 5-string poplar body with pickguard and gloss finish
- Maple neck with C profile and maple fingerboard
- Dual Fender-designed Alnico single-coil pickups
- Nickel hardware includes vintage-style bridge and tuning machines
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Shape: C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Vintage tint gloss
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: SS
- Neck: Fender Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Bridge: Fender Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Brand: Fender
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fret size: Narrow Tall
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1.875" (47.6 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Poplar
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master tone
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 5-Saddle Vintage Style
- Tuning machines: Open-geared vintage style
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 5
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Sold separately
- Country of origin: Indonesia