Audio-Technica AT4040 Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Mic
(15)|Q&A|Item #:1273887988848 POS #:101875912
6-month special financing^ + $14 back in Rewards** Learn More
Lease-To-Own Purchase OptionsLearn more
Save on orders $499+ and get advice on recording gear from a Gear Adviser
The Audio-Technica AT4040 Condenser Microphone is designed for pro recording. It features an externally polarized true condenser designed with a technically advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics. Cardioid pattern. Exceptional low noise, wide dynamic range, and high-SPL capability give it studio versatility. Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion. Switchable 80Hz hi-pass filter and 10dB pad. Includes shockmount.
Requires phantom power.
Requires phantom power.
- Technically-advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics
- Externally polarized (DC bias) true condenser design
- Exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high-SPL capability for greatest versatility
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- ELEMENT Externally-polarized (DC bias) condenser
- POLAR PATTERN Cardioid
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE 20-20,000 Hz
- LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY -32 dB (25.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- IMPEDANCE 100 ohms
- MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL 145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.;
- 155 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- NOISE 12 dB SPL
- DYNAMIC RANGE (typical) 133 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO 82 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS 48V DC, 4.2 mA typical
- SWITCHES Flat, roll-off;
- 10 dB pad (nominal)
- WEIGHT 12.7 oz (360 g)
- DIMENSIONS 6.69" (170.0 mm) long,
- 2.10" (53.4 mm) maximum body diameter
- OUTPUT CONNECTOR Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- ACCESSORIES FURNISHED AT8449 shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; microphone dust cover; protective carrying case
- AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE R1
One year parts and labor warranty.