The poplar body with large upper horn evenly distributes weight throughout the instrument, providing perfect balance by reducing neck dive for hours of comfortable playing. A 12” radius bound laurel fingerboard with 24 frets sits atop the bolt-on maple neck, which features a scarf joint design and speed neck contour.
The Spectra Bass JS23 also provides a sound that is as unique as the bassist playing it. Whether it be funk, hard rock or gospel, a colossal Jackson J-style bridge pickup and P-style neck pickup deliver a range of punchy growls or lucid tones, while a HiMass bridge provides rock-solid stability, improved sustain and bolder timbre.
Tone can be refined and tweaked with the blend, bass boost and volume controls (with a push/pull selector to bypass or engage the active circuit for the bass boost). With the push/pull selector, you’ll never have to fear a battery running out and losing sound. A quick pull on the volume knob will bypass the active circuit, making it easy to regain sound from the bass without the use of battery power.
Highly affordable, the 4-string Spectra Bass JS23 comes in Red Stain or Walnut Stain with black hardware and a black unique Jackson 2x2 headstock with an understated J logo. Case sold separately.
- 34” scale length, 4-string bass
- Poplar body
- Bolt-on maple neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint
- 12” radius bound laurel fingerboard with 24 frets and white dot inlays
- Jackson J-Style bridge pickup and Jackson P-Style neck pickup
- Volume control (with push/pull selector to bypass active circuit), blend control and bass boost control (active only) Jackson HiMass bridge
- Jackson sealed die-cast tuners
- Unique Jackson 2x2 headstock
- Available in Red Stain or Walnut Stain with black hardware
- Case sold separately
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Shape: Slim
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34"
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Finish: Satin
- Pickup configuration:
- Neck: Proprietary Single Coil
- Bridge: Proprietary Single Coil
- Control layout: Master volume, Blend, Active bass boost
- Special electronics: Active/passive mode
- Material: Laurel
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material/width: Plastic, 1.5 in. (38 mm)
- Body Type: Solid Body Single Cutaway
- Body wood: Poplar
- Top wood: Poplar
- Body finish: Satin
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Individual saddle
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 4 String
- Case: Sold Separately
- Country of origin: South Korea
- Orientation: Right handed
One year parts and labor warranty for guitars purchased before 1/1/2000.