The InvisiBall mounting method is simple to install, aims easily and provides a high degree of theft deterrence. InvisiBall allows horizontal rotation of up to 41 off-axis and vertical rotation of up to 36 (horn end inward) or 23 (woofer end inward). Attachment points for the optional MTC-30UB (-WH) U-bracket allows for compact installation and is particularly useful for low-profile, under-balcony applications.
Weather resistance has been maximized. The neodymium magnet LF woofer has a fiberglass and Kevlar composite cone, the surround is pure butyl rubber, and the basket is rear loaded to minimize exposure. The MR cone of the coaxial mid-high driver is anodized aluminum with a formulation EPDM rubber surround, and the HF compression driver's diaphragm is pure titanium. The coaxial component is protected by an acoustically transparent screen. The grille is thermoset composite coated and stands up very well to UV as well as humidity. The grille is backed with WeatherMax multi-layer foam, which prevents the direct incursion of water. Nickel/zinc rust-resistant terminals ensure a secure input connection. An MTC-PC2-sealed entrance cover is included to further protect the speaker's terminals.
JBL's exclusive SonicGuard overload protection is virtually inaudible to the listener, ensuring reliability while providing full fidelity sound.
- Extended bandwidth, extremely smooth frequency response
- Fully outdoor-capable design, featuring WeatherMax
- 120x 110HF coverage
- 150-watt transformer for 70V or 100V lines, with 8 ohms thru
- SonicGuard overload protection
- 10" (250 mm) fiberglass/Kevlar cone LF woofer, with neodymium magnet coaxial
- 5" (125 mm) anodized aluminum cone MR, and 1" (25 mm) titanium diaphragm compression driver
- InvisiBall mounting hardware, plus ten 6 mm attachment points for suspension and optional U-bracket
- Sealed input panel cover and screw-down input terminals
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Low Frequency: 10" (250 mm) fiberglass/Kevlar cone with pure butyl rubber surround, 2" (50 mm) voice coil on fiberglass former, neodymium magnet
- Mid Frequency: 5" (125 mm) anodized aluminum cone with EPDM rubber (Terpolymer of Ethylene and Propylene) surround, 1" (25 mm) voice coil on fiberglass former
- High Frequency: 1" (25 mm) compression driver, pure titanium diaphragm with patented JBL diamond surround
- Enclosure Material: High Impact PolyStyrene (HIPS) with 10% glass fill, plus internal 5 mm foamed polyurethane secondary mold
- Grille: Thermoset composite coated steel, WeatherMax multi-layer foam
- Overload Protection: SonicGuard full range power limiting to protect network and transducers
- Environmental: IEC 529 IP-X5 rating. Exceeds Mil Spec 810 for humidity, salt spray, temperature & UV Passes Mil-Std-202F for salt spray
- Termination: Screw-down terminal strip, zinc-plated copper base, nickel-plated
- metal screws/washers. Accepts up to 9 mm outside, 4 mm inside open lug (#6, #8 or #10 lug), plus bare wire (up to 12 AWG/2.5 mm2)
- Safety Agency Rating: Transformer is listed per UL1876
- Dimensions: 23.3"H x 14.6"W x 13.5"D (593x372x345mm)
- Weight (each): 42 lb. (18.9 kg)
- Shipping Weight (each): 45 lb. (20.3 kg)
- Included Accessories: 1-piece MTC-PC2 input panel cover, InvisiBall mounting base, 6x305 mm InvisiBall Hex wrench