The D-40 Traditional's three piece mahogany and walnut neck is topped with an Indian rosewood fingerboard and is joined to the body with an authentic dovetail joint. This classic dreadnought is handsomely appointed with a tortoiseshell pickguard, rosette and binding, a genuine mother-of-pearl Guild Peak and Chesterfield logo inlaid on the headstock, and nickel-plated open gear tuners.
A lustrous nitrocellulose lacquer provides an elegant finish to this masterpiece, optimizing the beauty and resonant qualities of its premium woods.
The Guild D-40E is equipped with the LR Baggs Element pickup system. Unlike typical undersaddle acoustic guitar pickups that are dependent on string compression for their sound, the Element was engineered to mirror the soundboard’s actual movement as you play.
At the heart of the pickup, a flexible film sensor only 2 thousandths of an inch thick picks up the guitar’s most delicate nuances. Tracking the motion of the top rather than a direct string attack suppresses “quack” caused by compression and unlocks the Element’s unrivaled dynamic range. The pickup’s minimalist construction lessens any influence on the acoustic properties and creates an intimate coupling between the pickup and guitar for the highest fidelity possible.Each D-40E Traditional includes a hand-signed, numbered certificate of authenticity, and ships with a Guild humidified hardshell case. Natural top, also available in Antique Sunburst. Proudly made in the USA.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped Adirondack Spruce
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C
- Nut width: 1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood
- Neck wood: 3-piece Mahogany/Walnut/Mahogany
- Scale length: 25 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Brand: LR Baggs ElelementOther
- Tuning machines: Vintage-Style Open-Gear
- Bridge: Indian Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Compensated Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States