Introduced in 1960 as Gibson's first square-shoulder, the Hummingbird arrived at the dawn of a new era in music, and was rapidly embraced by the prime movers on the scene. Built with a Thermally Aged Sitka spruce top, the Gibson 1960 Hummingbird reflects the appearance and performance of those early icons. Featuring a fixed bridge, it's finished with Gibson's Thin Finish, including a hand-rubbed VOS process.
- Thermally Aged Sitka spruce top, mahogany back and sides
- Round mahogany neck with compound dovetail neck-to-body joint, rosewood fingerboard with mother-of-pearl parallelogram inlays
- Gotoh Keystone tuning machines, gold tuner plating
- Casted Hummingbird pickguard, Hummingbird truss rod cover, thin nitrocellulose VOS finish
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Thermally Aged Sitka spruce
- Back & sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Traditional hand-scalloped X-bracing
- Body finish: Thin finish nitrocellulose, VOS
- Orientation: Right-handed
- Neck shape: Round
- Nut width: 1.72"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Number of frets: 20
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Tuning machines: Gotoh Keystone
- Bridge: Traditional belly up
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Case: Included
- Accessories: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit