Refined for performance and comfort, the Fender Player Plus Stratocaster takes the popular Player series to a whole new level. Pulling numerous features from some of Fender's deluxe American-made Strats, like rolled fingerboard edges and the latest generation noiseless pickups, these exciting Ensenada-built guitars offer extraordinary value for professionals and enthusiasts alike.
- Resonant, gloss-finished alder body with classic Strat comfort body cuts and spectacular finishes
- 22 medium-jumbo fret, Modern C profile neck with rounded-edge 12"-radius maple fingerboard, 1.685" nut width enhance ease of bending and fretting, providing comfort of long playing sessions
- 4th-generation noiseless pickups with advanced switching options enhance tonal versatility while removing hum
- 2-point fulcrum vibrato with high-mass steel-block saddles and locking tuners for smooth action, stability and more sustain
Fender Player Plus Stratocaster Main Features
New Finishes for a Classic Style
The Fender Player Plus Stratocaster starts with the classic, comfort-contoured Strat body in resonant alder, one of the most comfortable body designs in electric guitar history. As a nod to Fender's past, they've also taken an inspiration for the popular "Stratoburst" finish from their early '80s Elite series and updated it, adding a spectacularly eye-catching linear burst finish to the classic Fender finishes already available.
Stability and Ease of Play
The biggest update for the Player Plus Strat is in the neck—the heart of any electric guitar. Starting with the popular Modern C neck profile, Fender has flattened the neck radius to a bend-friendly 12" radius, lightly softened the fingerboard edges and slightly widened the nut to 1.685" for increased ease of play for intricate picking. They've also added medium-jumbo frets to aid lightning-quick runs.
Rock Hard Without the Hum
Another big change from Player to Player plus is the addition of Fender's latest generation Noiseless N4 pickups. These high-output Alnico V pickups can seriously push the front end of your amp, but, just roll back the volume knob a little, and get all the vintage-approved Strat tone you need. Don't worry about losing high end, as the smooth treble bleed circuit keeps all the clarity you have when the knob is wide open. For added tonal versatility, a push/pull pot has been added on the second tone control that can add the neck pickup to any switch position, so you can get all pickups at once, or the bridge and neck in parallel.
It's the (Dive)Bomb
Any Strat needs a great vibrato and the Player Plus Strat has Fender's revered 2-point tremolo bridge with high-mass steel block saddles for added sustain. The 2-point fulcrum bridge is known both for precision and for thick, sustaining tone. It's great for everything from a slight shimmer to full-blown dive bombs. For the Player Plus, that stability is solidified by Fender's locking tuners and a self-lubricating synthetic bone nut.
A Pro's Choice at the Right Price
From headstock to strap button, the Fender Player Plus Stratocaster delivers a high-performance instrument for modern players, while still being all Strat. It's a great choice for players aspiring to step up to professional features or pros looking for a great-playing, incredible-sounding guitar that's ready to take to the road or the studio.
- Alder body
- Maple neck with modern C-shape, Maple fretboard with rolled edges
- Three Player Plus Noiseless Strat single coils, 5-way switch
- Two-point tremolo with steel block saddles, locking tuners
- Body Type: Solid Body
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss
- Neck shape: C
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Satin
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material: 1.68"/Synthetic Bone
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: Proprietary Single Coil
- Middle: Proprietary Single Coil
- Bridge: Proprietary Single Coil
- Control layout: Master volume, Individual tone, Individual tone
- Pickup switch: 5-Way
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 2-point Fulcrum tremolo
- Tuning machines: Locking
- Color: Hybrid
- Number of strings: 6 String
- Case: Gig Bag
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Country of Origin: Mexico