Bringing touches previously reserved for Custom Shop instruments to a production bass makes this a very special player. Start with a lightweight alder body to build a classic foundational tone. The ’63 P Bass profile neck features a smoothly rolled fingerboard edge, sculpted neck heel and a satin neck finish that feels almost naked, making this an incredibly comfortable bass to play. Freshly revised V-Mod II Precision Bass split-coil pickup is more articulate than ever while delivering the punch and growl the P Bass is known for.
A new 4-saddle HiMass Vintage bridge can be loaded string-thru or as a top-load. Combined with the alder body, this makes for a very resonant instrument.
Totally familiar but subtly different, the American Pro II Precision Bass is an instant classic. Fender may well have created a new standard in production basses with this one. Includes deluxe molded case.
- Solid gloss urethane-finished alder body
- ’63 P Bass maple neck, maple fretboard with 20 tall-narrow frets for familiar playing feel, Posiflex graphite rods for neck reinforcement
- Single Fender V-Mod II split-coil Precision Bass pickup
- Fluted-shaft tuning machines, HiMass Vintage bridge for increased sustain
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Shape: C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin urethane
- Pickup configuration: S
- Middle: Proprietary single-coil
- Control layout: Master volume, Master tone
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fret size: Narrow-tall
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material/width: Bone, 1.625” (41.3 mm)
- Body type: Solidbody, Double Cutaway
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss urethane
- Bridge/tailpiece: HiMass
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Nickel/chrome
- Number of strings: 4 String
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States
- Orientation: Left Handed