The ReceiverThe RE3-RX is a half-rack diversity receiver with dual antennas and a universal power supply. It comes complete with a rack-mounting kit, and both balanced XLR and unbalanced ¼” TRS outputs. It pairs perfectly with the included body pack or with the RE3-HHT Hand-Held transmitter, and features frequency scanning and syncing. The way the dual antenna system works minimizes the possibility of dropouts, as both antennas are constantly looking for a signal, and if one drops out, the other is already there to pick up the audio.
The Handheld Microphone TransmitterOne of the most popular versions of the RE3 system is the set that comes equipped with the Res-HHT Handheld Transmitter. It contains all of the transmission functions of the bodypack, including automatically syncing of the transmitter and receiver frequencies, and that capacity to lock in other operations data. A magnetic sliding latch mechanism keeps the battery door closed, and makes opening it easy to access the batteries. It operates on two AA batteries. (alkaline or rechargeable are preferred). This version features the Electro-Voice RE420-RC3 microphone capsule.
The RE420-RC3 is a premium-grade, high-performance condenser cardioid thread-on vocal microphone head for wireless handheld transmitters. The sonic signature is rich, detailed and full-bodied, with a warm and clear low end, natural and present midrange, and an open, crisp and detailed high end. The cardioid pattern provides excellent acoustic isolation. Maximum feedback rejection occurs when a stage monitor is positioned 180° off-axis to the element. This pattern also allows for a comfortable working range around the microphone, making expressive microphone techniques easy.
The multi-stage pop filter consists of two layers ofdense foam separated by air, which attenuates wind velocity caused by breath and wind blasts. The high-pass filter has two positions (see drawing). The flat position delivers the full frequency band pass of the capsule. The high-pass position attenuates frequencies below 150 Hz. The internal shock mount isolates the microphone element from vibration and guards against handling noise.
- Premium condenser element
- Highly-detailed, rich, and full bodied sound
- Cardioid polar pattern provides excellent acoustic isolation
- Multi-stage pop filter minimizes breath blasts and plosives
- Selectable high-pass filter reduces undesirable low frequency content
- Memraflex grille resists denting
- Robust metal body
- Sync function for easy frequency setup
- Selectable low and high output power (band specific)
- Up to 36 MHz tuning bandwidth (band specific)
- Diversity reception minimizes dropouts
- 3 MHz tuning bandwidth for trouble-free operation
- Easy-to-read LCD display
- Frequency scanning for selecting open frequencies
- Sync function links transmitter to receiver for easy setup
- Analog or digital: Analog
- Dynamic range: 300'
- Line of sight: 100'
- Bandwidth: Up to 36 MHz
- Housing: Metal
- Rackmountable: Yes
- Width: 8.27"
- Height: 1.73"
- Depth: 6.1"
- Weight: 2.71 lb.
- Type: Handheld
- Capsule: Condenser
- Frequency response: 50 Hz - 20 kHz
- Max SPL: 137 dB
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Battery type: AA x 2
- Battery runtime: 10 hours
Wireless: 2 years
Speakers: 3 years active, 5 years passive