The RE3-RX is a half-rack diversity receiver with dual antennas and a universal power supply. It comes complete with a rack-mounting kit, and both balanced XLR and unbalanced 1/4” TRS outputs. It pairs perfectly with the included body pack or with the RE3-HHT handheld transmitter, and features frequency scanning and syncing. The way the dual-antenna system works minimizes the possibility of dropouts, as both antennas are constantly looking for a signal, and if one drops out, the other is already there to pick up the audio.
The Handheld Microphone Transmitter
One of the most popular versions of the RE3 system is the set that comes equipped with the Res-HHT handheld transmitter. It contains all of the transmission functions of the bodypack, including automatically syncing of the transmitter and receiver frequencies, and that capacity to lock in other operations data. A magnetic sliding latch mechanism keeps the battery door closed, and makes opening it easy to access the batteries. It operates on two AA batteries. (alkaline or rechargeable are preferred). This version features the Electro-Voice ND96 microphone capsule.
The Electro-Voice ND96-RC3 is a robust, high-performance, dynamic cardioid thread-on vocal microphone head for wireless handheld transmitters. Designed for excellent acoustic control on very loud stages, the ND96-RC3 special structural and acoustical designs create performance characteristics allowing the microphone’s gain before feedback in a mix to be significantly louder than most microphones. The microphone head's dynamic capsule contains a large Mylar diaphragm, which delivers a rich and detailed frequency response by combining its large surface area for tonal balance with its low-mass, high-velocity material for exceptionally fast-transient response.
The microphone head features a selectable vocal presence tuning that can be engaged to reduce certain low-mid frequency areas and emphasize key upper-midrange vocal presence areas to increase intelligibility in high-energy reinforcement. The microphone head features an innovative capsule shock-mount system consisting of a 4-point suspension around the circumference of the capsule combined with a tuned pneumatic pump at the capsule base, offering superior handling noise reduction to eliminate mechanical vibrations and noise in the mix.
- Thread-on microphone
- Excellent all-around vocal performance
- Crisp, clear and balanced
- Large-diaphragm dynamic capsule for detailed frequency response
- Shock-mounted capsule minimizes handling noise
- Memraflex grille resists denting
- Robust metal body
- Super-cardioid polar pattern
- Sync function for easy frequency setup
- Selectable low and high output power (band specific)
- Vocal presence emphasis switch selects betweenalternate sonic signature
- Up to 36mHz tuning bandwidth (band specific)
- Diversity reception minimizes dropouts
- 3mHz tuning bandwidth for trouble-free operation
- Easy-to-read LCD display
- Frequency scanning for selecting open frequencies
- Sync function links transmitter to receiver for easy setup
- Analog or digital: Analog
- Dynamic range: 300'
- Line of sight: 100'
- Bandwidth: Up to 36 MHz
- Housing: Metal
- Rackmountable: Yes
- Width: 8.27"
- Height: 1.73"
- Depth: 6.1"
- Weight: 2.71 lb.
- Type: Handheld
- Capsule: Dynamic neodymium
- Polar pattern: Super Cardioid
- Battery type: AA x 2
- Battery runtime: 10 hours
Wireless: 2 years
Speakers: 3 years active, 5 years passive