The 4017B Shotgun Microphone from DPA is a professional, versatile microphone designed for demanding sound capturing in film, video, sound reinforcement and even music recording. The supercardioid, lobe-shaped polar pattern is coupled with excellent off-axis signal rejection for a focused pickup, enhanced range and minimal noise. The condenser capsule uses a high voltage pre-polarized back plate, endowing the shotgun with high output as well as wide dynamics, extremely low noise and distortion specifications. The 4017B's frequency response, dynamic range and signal-to-noise ratio result in pristine, transparent signal reproduction. Two onboard filters eliminate noise and artifacts with a 4dB shelf at 8kHz and a first-order bass roll-off below 120Hz. The short, lightweight profile of the 4017B make it a suitable choice for both indoor and outdoor production with boompoles, handheld shock-mounts and the like.
- Wide frequency response and excellent clarity
- Superb off-axis rejection
- Supercardioid, lobe-shaped polar pattern with off-axis signal rejection for a focused pickup
- Short and lightweight profile
- Sound field: Mono
- Operating principle: Pressure gradient
- Capsule: Condenser
- Diaphragm: 0.75"
- Polar pattern: Supercardioid
- Circuitry: Tube
- High-pass filter: 50 Hz, 18 dB/Octave; 120 Hz, 6 dB/Octave
- Windscreen: Foam (included)
- Performance frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Maximum SPL: 138 dB SPL
- Impedance: 150 Ohms
- Sensitivity: -34.4 dB at 1 kHz
- Dynamic range: 119 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 80 dB A-Weighted
- Equivalent noise level: 13 dB A-Weighted 24 dB ITU-R 468
- THD: < 1%
- CMRR: 40 dB
- Output connectors: (Analog) 1 x XLR 3-Pin
- Operating voltage: 1.8 V, 48 V ± 4 V
- Operating current consumption: 4.5 mA
- Physical mounting: Mic clip/stand adapter (included)
- Operating temperature: 14 to 113°F
- Operating humidity: 90%
- Dimensions: 0.75" x 8.35"
- Weight: 0.15 lb.