The Bose L1 Pro16 portable PA system is the ideal proportion of power and portability. It’s designed to fill a room with sound, then fold down easily for travel or storage. Guitar Center recommends the Pro16 for gigging DJs, musicians and small-to-medium clubs, bars and other venues. It’s also an excellent karaoke setup that takes up minimal space. Despite the small footprint, this portable line array outputs a surprisingly wide spectrum, with an extended low frequency down to 42Hz. No matter how the audience is placed, the L1 Pro16 offers a wide 180-degree range, so everyone can enjoy the same experience. And because it’s Bose, you can trust that it’s built to exacting standards, using cutting-edge audio technology.
Booming Bass, Minus the Bulk
Using their proprietary RaceTrack drivers, Bose optimized the woofer in the Pro16 to do three things: give you some serious bass, optimize the center of gravity for easier travel, and save as much space as possible, both on stage and in your trunk. Even at a slim 10x18" size, the RaceTrack driver rivals a conventional 15” woofer in performance, while far surpassing it in convenience. And, of course, the bass is dialed in to match the output from the 16-driver, J-shaped column array. Together, the slim column and compact woofer combine for a peak sound pressure level of 124dB. It’s the next generation of portable live sound.
Mix From the Unit, or Your Phone
Bose equipped the L1 Pro16 with a built-in mixer, making it easy to balance multiple microphones, instruments and other sound sources. The mixer features two phantom-powered combo inputs that accommodate both XLR and 1/4", plus 1/4" and 1/8" (3.5 mm) AUX inputs. And for streaming music or backing tracks for karaoke, the Pro16 has Bluetooth streaming. The rotary encoders are illuminated for easy adjustment of volume, tone and reverb, even on a dark stage. Or, to make mixing easy, just select an EQ preset. Bose has dialed-in presets for live music, recorded music and more. If there’s need for expansion later, it’s easy to add even more inputs via the dedicated ToneMatch port, which provides both power and digital audio to a Bose T4S or T8S mixer (sold separately). And this is all just the hardware controls—every mixer setting is also available wirelessly via the Bose L1 Mix app.
Seamless Control, Free From Wires
In addition to the drivers, the other major innovation in the Pro16 is the L1 Mix app. Just download the free app on a smartphone and adjust mixer settings instantly, with a minimal, intuitive interface. L1 Mix lets users avoid the awkwardness of bending down to adjust the settings on stage. During soundcheck, the app makes it possible to adjust the mix live from anywhere in the room. And it’s not an either/or situation—the controls on the app and unit are always in sync, in real time. Change the settings on either and watch the other move to match. When you tap your phone and see the LED encoders shift, it’s impressive. Plus, the app gives instant access to the entire ToneMatch library of custom EQ presets.
In the Moment, Anywhere
When the show starts, all that matters is the sound on stage. First and foremost, Bose built the L1 Pro16 for premium live audio that the audience will hear and feel. The rest is about making that experience more accessible than ever, thanks to the small footprint and portable design. The L1 Pro16 portable column array lets DJs, singer-songwriters and bands get from the parking lot to the stage with ease, leaving room to focus on what matters most—the performance.
- Balance power and portability with the L1 Pro system optimized for both on-the-go simplicity and expanded bandwidth, ideal for small-to-medium sized clubs, bars and other venues
- Deliver premium full-range sound with consistent tonal balance for singer-songwriters, mobile DJs, small ensembles and more
- Maintain supreme vocal and instrument clarity with a J-shape extended-frequency line array featuring 16 articulated 2” neodymium drivers and wide 180-degree horizontal coverage
- Bring more bass with less bulk with an integrated 10”x18” high-excursion neodymium RaceTrack woofer; performance that rivals a conventional 15” woofer with a smaller footprint
- Go from vehicle to venue easily with a modular three-piece system that’s easier to pack, carry and set up
- Select between optimized system EQ presets for live music, recorded music and more
- Connect various audio sources easily via built-in mixer with two combo XLR-1/4” phantom-powered inputs, 1/4" and 1/8" (3.5 mm) AUX input, plus Bluetooth streaming—and access system EQ and ToneMatch presets, volume, tone and reverb via illuminated controls
- Add in even more instruments and other audio sources via dedicated ToneMatch port; one cable provides both power and digital audio between the system and a Bose T4S or T8S mixer (optional)
- Take wireless control with the L1 Mix app on your smartphone to adjust settings instantly from your phone, roam the room and fine-tune, and access the ToneMatch library of custom EQ presets
- Stream high-quality Bluetooth audio from compatible devices
- Width: 13.98" (35.5 cm)
- Height: 79.21" (201.2 cm)
- Depth: 17.95" (45.6 cm)
- 53.69 lb. (24.35 kg)
- Sub: 1,000
- Array: 250
- Total: 1,250
- L1 Pro16 mid-high array, extension and power stand
- Carry bag for array
- AC power cord
Warranty terms vary on other products. Check with manufacturer for specific product warranty.