Akai Professional MPK225 25-Key Controller
Videos (1)View All
The All-New Akai Professional MPK225 Keyboard & Pad Controller
Akai Professional's MPK225 is a compact yet fully loaded keyboard controller tailor-made for music producers and performers alike. Boasting 25 semi-weighted keys with aftertouch, 32 velocity-sensitive pads and an array of assignable knobs and buttons, the MPK225 puts comprehensive command of your studio and stage setup at your fingertips. Akai Pro's cutting-edge controller is optimized to interface directly with your Mac or PC via USB, providing plug-and-play connectivity and portability.
Express Yourself With Semi-Weighted Keys and Aftertouch
The MPK225's 25 keys are semi-weighted and velocity-sensitive, responding dynamically to your playing style. Aftertouch capability on each key enables you to add subtle expression and sonic nuance. Octave Up and Down buttons extend the keyboard's range, allowing you to play everything from deep bass notes to soaring leads. For keyboard players accustomed to a weighted hammer-action keybed, the MPK225 offers a familiar feel and playing experience.
Launch Samples and Loops With 32 Pads
Producers and performers will appreciate the MPK225's 32 pads with RGB illumination, which provide visual feedback to ensure your hits are on target. Four pad banks put up to 128 samples, loops and one-shots at your fingertips. Akai Pro's Note Repeat and Full Level options are onboard, enabling you to create rolls, stutters and other rhythmic effects on the fly. An arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range and pattern settings helps you discover complex melodic ideas with ease.
Take Total Control With Assignable Knobs and Buttons
The MPK225's control set is highly flexible, with 8 assignable knobs and 4 buttons that can be assigned to virtually any parameter in your DAW or virtual instruments. Three knob banks and one button bank provide a total of 24 knob assignments and 12 button assignments, streamlining your workflow and keeping all key parameters within easy reach.
Powerful Software Tools for Creativity
Included with the MPK225 are two professional production tools: Ableton Live Lite and MPC Beats. Ableton Live Lite is a fluid audio/MIDI environment for composing and performing music. MPC Beats, based on the legendary MPC workflow, enables you to make beats, grooves and samples with an intuitive interface and powerful tools. The MPK225 also comes with two virtual synths: Hybrid 3, which combines analog warmth and digital precision and SONiVOX Twist, an innovative spectral morphing synth.
- 25 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- 8 RGB-illuminated MPC-style pads each with 4 banks for 32 pads
- 12 assignable Q-Link controllers include 8 control knobs and 4 backlit buttons
- Revamped control layout with backlit LCD screen
- USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- iOS compatibility using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- Comprehensive transport and parameter controls for hands-on DAW integration
- MPC Note Repeat and arpeggiator for advanced rhythmic and melodic manipulation
- MPC Full Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with dynamics and tempo
- Pitch bend, modulation, and octave controls for expressive recording and performing
- 1 assignable footswitch jack & 1 expression jack
- USB power and plug-and-play connectivity
- Production software package included
- Number of Keys: 25 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- Pads: 8 pressure- and velocity-sensitive, light-up MPC-style pads x 4 banks
- Q-Link Controls: 8 assignable control knobs and 4 backlit buttons
- Computer Interface: USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- Octaves: 10 with Octave Up and Down
- Arpeggiator: Yes
- Additional Controls: MPC Note Repeat, MPC Full Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division
- Additional Inputs: (1) 1/4" (6.35 mm) TRS expression pedal input and (1) 1/4" (6.35 mm) TS sustain pedal or footswitch input
- Power: USB power; no power adapter required
- Dimensions: 19.25" x 11.75" x 3.63"
- Weight: 6.09 lb.