AKG made the first microphone diaphragm ever whose thickness varies across its diameter. The Laminated Varimotion diaphragm deep-drawing process allows the diaphragm itself to be fine-tuned with no extra tuning resonators, leading to a quantum leap in audio performance.
The dual shock mount eliminates any kind of mechanical noise for trouble-free live use. The audience will hear nothing but the sound of your voice!
- Frequency response optimized for vocal use
- Integrated wind and pop screen for effective suppression of pop and breath noise
- Frequency independent supercardioid polar pattern for high gain before feedback
- Patented AKG Laminated Varimotion diaphragm
- Shock mounted transducer element reduces handling and cable noise
- Extremely resilient, spring-steel wire-mesh cap for extra impact resistance
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Styrene and Diisononyl phthalate (DINP), which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Bisphenol A (BPA), which is known to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Polar pattern: supercardioid
- Frequency response: 70-20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 2.6 mV/pa (-52 dbV re 1 V/Pa)
- Maximum sound pressure level: 147/156 dB SPL, (for 1%/3% THD)
- Equivalent noise level: 18 dB-A
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted): 76 db
- Recommended load impedence: >=2000 ohms
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Finish: matte grayish blue
- Dimensions (length x diameter): 7.3" x 2.0", (179.1 mm x 51 mm)
- Net weight: 8.2 oz, (340 g)
- Patent(s): Varimotion ” multiple-thickness diaphragm for dynamic transducer (Patent no. AT 403.751, US 6,185,809, EP 814.637) (DE, DK, FI, FR, GB, IT, NL)
- Standard furnished accessories: microphone bag, SA 45 stand adaptor
Amended July 19, 2005
AKG Acoustics warrants AKG products against defects in material or workmanship for a period of two years from the date of original purchase, and agrees to repair or, at our option replace any defective unit without charge for either parts or labor. AKG grants a three-year warranty covering selected products (C 12 VR, C 414 B-ULS, C 414 B-TLII, C 414 B-XLS, C 414 B-XLII, C 426 B, C 451 B, C 480 B, C 391 B, C 1000 B, C 2000 S, C 3000 B, C 4000 B, C 4500 B, SolidTube) against defects in material and workmanship.
Warranty is valid for AKG products purchased and delivered within the United States for the original purchaser only. The purchaser's Bill of Sale will serve as proof of sale and warranty validity in the U.S. Shipment of defective items to AKG for repair will be at the customer's own risk and expense. AKG will assume the return shipping cost for all items repaired under warranty.
IMPORTANT: This warranty does not cover damage resulting from accident, misuse or abuse, lack of reasonable care, the affixing of any attachment not provided with the product, loss of parts, or connecting the product to any receptacle other than specified.
This warranty is void unless AKG Acoustics, U.S.'s service center performs the repair. No responsibility is assumed for any special, incidental or consequential damages caused by the consumer. However, the limitation of any right or remedy shall not be effective where law prohibits such.