Universal Audio UA Bock 167 Tube Condenser Microphone With Power Supply
The UA Bock 167 is Universal Audio’s large-diaphragm tube condenser mic, built to give vocals and instruments the classic smooth tone of the legendary U 67. Handcrafted at the UA Custom Shop in California, with enhancements by world-renowned mic designer David Bock, this premium multi-pattern studio mic combines modern features with boutique craftsmanship, for years of impeccable recordings.
Get Iconic Sounds with Modern Tone Sculpting
Vintage U67 tube mics are cherished for their full sound and lively midrange. Our UA Bock 167 improves upon this classic design with three EQ filtering options, a unique "fat" switch for boosting between 10Hz and 400Hz, and continuously variable polar pattern. This translates into recordings with more dynamic range, tonal extension and flexibility.
Add a Handmade Masterpiece to Your Studio
The UA Bock 167 is David Bock's thoughtful reimagining of the iconic U67 mics he studied and maintained as chief technical engineer of the world's top recording studios for two decades. Handbuilt at UA’s Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California, the UA Bock 167 is the perfect choice for recording singers, acoustic instruments, drums and voiceovers.
Experience a Lifetime of Beautiful Recordings
Handwired using premium components—including a dual-symmetrical K67 capsule, Lundahl transformer and NOS tube—each UA Bock 167 is built and tested to David Bock's exacting specifications. With its premium case, professional shockmount and hand-tuned power supply, this mic will provide years of exceptional recordings.
- Premium large-diaphragm multi-pattern tube condenser mic
- Lovingly handmade at the UA Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California
- Iconic "golden-unit" mic sounds with modern enhancements by David Bock
- Continuously variable omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-8 polar patterns
- Dual-symmetrical K67 capsule and Lundahl transformer
- Microphone type: Tube condenser
- Polar pattern: Continuously variable; omnidirectional through cardioid and figure 8
- Frequency range: 10Hz–18kHz, ±2dB
- Sensitivity: –29dB (33mV) ref 1V at 1Pa, 1kHz
- Max SPL: 118dB SPL, 1% THD
- Output impedance: 200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: Greater than 2 kohms
- Connector: 6-pin XLR (mic), 3-pin XLRM (power supply)
- Pad (–10dB): Off, On
- High Frequency
- Cut (–1.5dB @ 5kHz)
- Cut (–3dB @ 10kHz)
- Boost (+2dB @ 10kHz)
- Mode: fat, norm
- UA Bock 167 power supply; 100V, 115V (default) or 230V operation
- Premium carrying case
- Dimensions: 9" (228 mm) length, 2" (50 mm) diameter
- Weight: 1.58 lb. (716 g)