Universal Audio Apollo Twin X DUO Heritage Edition Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin X DUO Heritage Edition is a professional 2x6 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface featuring elite-class A/D and D/A conversion, dual Unison preamps, and onboard UAD DUO Core processing. This special edition comes loaded with over $1,300 worth of award-winning UAD plug-ins, including vintage compressor and EQ emulations from Teletronix, Pultec, and Universal Audio. Guitar Center is thrilled to offer this limited-run interface bundled with UA's powerful plug-in platform.
Realtime UAD Processing for Legendary Analog Sound
The Apollo Twin X DUO allows you to run UA's entire library of renowned UAD plug-ins with near-zero latency, including emulations of studio classics like the LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Pultec EQs, and more. These premium plugins deliver the musical, colorful sound of analog gear without the hassle. The DUO Core provides ample processing power for tracking, mixing and monitoring with UAD plug-ins.
Pristine Conversion and Unison Mic Preamps
Reengineered from the ground up, the latest generation of Apollo conversion achieves an ultra-wide dynamic range and vanishingly low noise floor for a spacious, natural sound. Two Unison-enabled mic preamps let you track through emulations of coveted preamps from Neve, API, SSL, and Universal Audio. Unison technology provides impedance matching and the exact gain staging of the modeled preamp for an authentic tone.
Seamless Integration With LUNA Recording System
The Apollo Twin X DUO pairs perfectly with LUNA, Universal Audio's fully integrated recording environment for Mac. LUNA provides a single-window workflow, real-time UAD processing, and tape machine and console emulations. With LUNA's accelerated real-time monitoring, you can track and mix with UAD plug-ins at buffer-free latencies, allowing for a fluid creative experience.
Expandable System With Thunderbolt 3
Thunderbolt 3 connectivity provides blazing-fast data transfer speeds, ultra-low latency and ample bandwidth for UAD plug-ins. The Apollo Twin X DUO easily integrates into any Thunderbolt-equipped audio workstation and is also compatible with USB 3.0 using the included adapter. You can expand your I/O by daisy-chaining up to 6 additional Thunderbolt devices.
- A special edition of UA's acclaimed Apollo Twin X interface—with a premium suite of five award-winning plug-in titles from Teletronix, Pultec and UA—a $1,300 value
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion derived from the Apollo X rackmount interfaces
- Two Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
- UAD DUO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- Produce with LUNA Recording System—a fully-integrated recording application made for Apollo (Mac only)
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, AU and AAX 64 formats in all major DAWs
- Compatible with Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Cubase, Ableton Live and more
- Front-panel Unison-enabled Hi-Z instrument input and headphone out
- Built-in Talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Dedicated monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM and ALT monitor controls
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via optical ADAT/SPDIF input
- Also includes “Realtime Analog Classics” UAD plug-in bundle featuring UA 610-B Tube Preamp Legacy Pultec EQ, LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Marshall Plexi Classic, Ampeg SVT-VR Classic and more
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components and premium build quality
- Thunderbolt 3 cable (not included)
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- Quad Core i7 or better processor recommended
- For additional compatibility information, visit UA's website
- Available Thunderbolt 1, 2, or 3 port
- Thunderbolt 1 and 2 connections require an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter (not included)
- macOS 10.12 Sierra, 10.13 High Sierra, 10.14 Mojave, or 10.15 Catalina
- Available Thunderbolt 3 port
- Windows 10 (64-Bit Edition)
- Max bit depth: 24-bit
- Max sampling rate: 192kHz
- Analog inputs: 2
- Digital inputs: 1
- Mic preamps: 2
- 1/4” only jacks: 1
- Analog outputs: 2
- 1/4” out: 1
- Connections: Thunderbolt 3
- Headphone output(s): 1
- Computer platform: Mac, Windows
- Phantom power: Yes
- Direct monitoring: Yes
- Latency control: Yes
- Monitor control: Yes
- Headphone control: Yes
- Width: 6.31"
- Height: 2.6"
- Depth: 6.2"
- Weight: 2.35 lb.