Clearance Sterling Audio ST159 Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone
A multi-pattern condenser
The Sterling Audio ST159 multi-pattern condenser microphone delivers a wealth of recording features that makes it a versatile mic for any collection. It delivers a warm, smooth and articulate sound, along with a full-frequency range and extreme volume handling. On the back of the microphone is a switch to change the microphone's polar pattern: choose between a cardioid, omnidirectional or figure-8, depending on your recording needs.
More headroom without the hum
With a switchable high-pass filter and attenuation pad, the Sterling Audio ST159 large-diaphragm condenser microphone provides additional versatility in the recording studio. Its 1" large-diaphragm design delivers detailed and articulate sound, while its hand-assembled capsule and custom-wound transformer capture incredible smoothness and warmth.
Protect your investment
The ST159 also comes in a rugged flight case with an aluminum exterior and padded interior. Inside the case, there is enough room for both the microphone and the shockmount, giving you the portability and protection to record anywhere inspiration strikes.
A shockmount for any recording application
Included with the ST159 is a premium metal band-suspension shockmount. The Sterling SM8 microphone shockmount isolates the ST159 from unwanted ambient rumble, vibrations and other noises.
- Flexible pickup patterns: cardioid, omni and figure-8
- Warm, smooth and articulate vocal, instrument and speech recording
- Switchable high-pass filter and attenuation pad
- Full frequency response: 20 Hz–20 kHz
- Extreme volume handling: 144dB SPL
- Precision 1" diameter, 3-micron diaphragm with disk resonator
- Hand-assembled capsule, custom-wound transformer, Class-A circuit
- Includes SM8 premium shockmount and aluminum carry case
- Requires phantom power
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Ethylbenzene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Toluene, which is known to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Circuit Type: Class-A FET
- Polar Patterns: Omni, Cardioid and Figure-8
- Frequency Response: 20Hz–20kHz
- High-Pass Filter: 75Hz, 12dB/octave
- Attenuation Pad: -10dB
- Sensitivity: 32mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL: 144dB (134dB without pad)
- Equivalent Noise: 22dB SPL
- Typical Load Imp.: >1,000 ohms
- Output Source Imp.: 200 ohms, transformer isolated
- Dimensions: 7.7" long, 1.9" max diameter
- Weight: 1.3 lb.
- Power: 48V phantom power