Warm, articulate sound and excellent volume handling
For richly detailed and articulate vocal, instrument and speech recordings, Sterling Audio’s ST155 Large-Diaphragm FET Condenser microphone is a great choice. It provides a warm, articulate and detailed sound with excellent volume handling. It records the full-frequency spectrum from 20Hz-–20kHz and has a generous SPL of 144dB.
More headroom without the hum
With a switchable high-pass filter and attenuation pad, the Sterling Audio ST155 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone provides additional versatility in the recording studio. Its 1” large-diaphragm design delivers detailed and articulate sound, while its hand-assembled capsule and custom-wound transformer capture incredible smoothness and warmth.
Protect your investment
The ST155 comes in a rugged flight case with an aluminum exterior and padded interior. Inside the case, there is enough room for both the microphone and the shockmount, giving you the portability and protection to record anywhere inspiration strikes.
A rugged shockmount for any recording application
Included with the ST155 is a premium metal band-suspension shockmount. The Sterling SM8 microphone shockmount isolates the ST155 from unwanted ambient rumble, vibrations and other noises. Its aluminum and zinc design, and premium automotive-quality titanium finish provide rugged construction, while its toothed angle-adjustment keeps your mic solidly in place.
- Richly detailed and articulate vocal, instrument and speech recording
- Full frequency response: 20Hz–20kHz
- Switchable high-pass filter and attenuation pad
- Extreme volume handling: 144dB SPL
- Precision 1" diameter, 3-micron diaphragm with disk resonator
- Hand-assembled capsule, custom-wound transformer, Class-A circuit
- Includes SM8 premium shockmount and aluminum carry case
- Requires phantom power
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Ethylbenzene, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Toluene, which is known to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Circuit Type: Class-A FET
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20Hz–20kHz
- High Pass Filter: 75Hz, 12dB/octave
- Attenuation Pad: -10dB
- Sensitivity: 32mV/Pa
- Maximum SPL: 144dB (134dB without pad)
- Equivalent Noise: 22dB SPL
- Typical Load Imp.: >1,000 ohms
- Output Source Imp.: 200 ohms, transformer isolated
- Dimensions: 7.7" long, 1.9" max diameter
- Weight: 1.2 lb.
- Power: 48V phantom power