Loaded with a P-Blade pickup at the neck and a Jazz Bomb pickup at the bridge, harnessed to a pickup pan control, this all-purpose bass goes from percussive funk to focused thump, and all points in-between with the twist of one knob. The pickups combined deliver extended highs and lows with incredible punch and sustain. A truly modern-classic tone machine.
- CUSTOM PICKUPS
- We design our own proprietary custom pickups, to achieve the best tonal match with our instruments. Reverend pickups are also specifically designed for each position, for balanced volume and tone when switching.
- Korina (aka White Limba) is a medium-light weight wood, highly prized for consistency and tonal qualities. Often found in boutique and vintage instruments, all Reverends feature Korina bodies. A highly resonant wood, Korina is a key factor to producing our lively, responsive instruments that are rich in harmonics.
HIPSHOT ULTRALIGHT TUNERS
- These tuners have a housing made of aircraft grade aluminum that makes them extra-light. The difference in weight can be as much as 2-3oz less in the headstock, which means a more balanced bass that’s more comfortable to play. And the tone is great! Your bass is more defined and enhanced with the Hipshot Ultralites.
HIGH MASS BRIDGE
- Our bridge features heavy duty saddles in combination with a massive base plate. This substantial mass of metal enhances clarity and attack, and produces bell-like sustain. It's also a versatile bridge, that can be strung string-thru-body or top-load.
- Every Reverend is hand initialed and serial numbered on the back of the headstock by one of our highly skilled technicians who sets up, inspects, and tests every instrument.
PICKUP PAN CONTROL
- This control allows you to blend the two pickups with one knob. Roll in the bridge pickup for more midrange punch, or bring up the neck pickup for more low thump and open highs. Dialing in the perfect tone has never been easier!
CUSTOM DOME KNOBS
- Our proprietary knobs feature a lower profile which is less likely to be accidentally hit by the player's hand, and the white dot lets you easily see where your knob rotation is set.
- BONEITE NUT
- We use "Boneite," a synthetic bone nut, that is more consistent than natural bone, on all Reverend instruments. It reduces friction, allowing the strings to slide through the nut slots smoothly, improving tuning stability.
- 3 STRING TREE
- All Bolt-On series basses use a wide string tree that holds down three strings, instead of just two. This eliminates string buzz in the nut slot, which is a common problem with standard string trees.
- DUAL-ACTION TRUSS ROD
- Our dual action rod adjusts in both directions, allowing back bow or forward bow. This assures correct adjustment range is possible regardless of string tension, extreme climate conditions, or the effects of long term aging. It’s also located at the headstock for easy access.
- SIX-BOLT NECK PLATE
- Two extra bolts increase mounting pressure of the neck by fifty percent. This makes a stronger neck connection, which improves sustain, tuning stability, and neck alignment.
- CUSTOM JACK PLATE
- Our proprietary jack plate features four mounting screws, instead of two. The extra screws prevent the plate from tearing out of the body. Made of steel for durability, the laser etched logo adds an extra touch of class!
- PURE TONE JACK
- All Reverends use an upgraded jack by Pure Tone Technologies. The Pure Tone jack has dual contacts for improved grip, audio signal and reliability. The most dependable guitar jack available!
- 10% POTS
- We use Alpha control pots with a +-10% rating, tighter and more consistent than a standard pot. Typically used in expensive boutique guitars, but standard issue in all Reverends.
- 10% POLY CAPS
- We use caps with a +-10% rating. Our caps are made to tighter specifications, so they’re more consistent. Made of polyester, they’re also longer lasting, and less affected by temperature than cheaper ceramic caps. Typically used in expensive boutique guitars.
- Korina Solidbody
- Blade Neck, Jazz Bomb Bridge
- String-thru-body or Top-load, 3/4" spacing
- 5-Piece Maple/Walnut, Satin Amber Finish
- NECK PROFILE
- Medium Oval
- Roasted Maple or Pau Ferro, 12" Radius
- 21 Frets
- TRUSS ROD
- Dual Action, Headstock Access
- Hipshot Ultralight, 1/2" Dia. Shaft
- 42mm width, Boneite
- Volume, Tone, Pickup Pan
- Bass Two-Toned Teardrop (Available Separately)