Guitar Center is proud to exclusively offer the Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro V, commonly referred to as the “Trad Pro V.” Gibson and Guitar Center worked together closely to bring Gibson tradition together with a unique feature set. Designed to make this instrument a must-have for players who desire that classic Les Paul vibe, the guitar is loaded with modern features that enhance tone and playability.
Trad Pro V Feature Set
• A weight-relieved mahogany body with flame maple top delivers classic looks
• The asymmetric profile mahogany neck and 22-fret, compound-radius rosewood fingerboard provide ergonomic advantages for smooth, easy playability
• Dual custom Gibson Tradbucker pickups with coil split, coil tap and phase, for expanded tonal possibilities
• A classic “Nashville” tune-o-matic bridge, lightweight aluminum tailpiece and locking Grover tuners provide legendary tuning stability
A unique asymmetric neck profile, developed jointly by Guitar Center and Gibson, helps improve left-hand ease of playing. The design delivers added comfort and produces less physical stress in long playing sessions. The compound-radius rosewood fingerboard makes for clear, easy chording by the note, while allowing fast, smooth single-note playing farther up the neck for players who thrive on creative soloing.
Trad Pro V Pickups
With so much of an electric guitar’s tone coming from the pickups, Guitar Center very carefully spec’d the Tradbuckers for the Les Paul Trad Pro V. While both pickups feature the warmth of Alnico V magnets, the neck pickup is slightly underwound for a smooth, mellow tone and superior articulation of individual notes in chordal playing. The bridge pickup is slightly overwound for a powerful, punchy tone that can go from mild to aggressive with a touch of your volume knob.
Trad Pro V Electronics Enhance Tonality
Tone extends beyond just the pickups. The electronics and controls of this Les Paul are part of what makes it an advanced instrument. It has push/pull volume controls that either split the humbucker to single-coil or provide a coil tap of the humbucker pickup. The Rhythm tone control is a push/pull phase switch, and the Treble tone control toggles between the inner and outer coils when the guitar is in single-coil mode. All of this functionality is user-customizable with a DIP switch in the control cavity, enabling each player to set up the controls to function exactly as the wish.
A Powerful Package, Exclusive to Guitar Center
Gibson and Guitar Center have collaborated on many exclusive instruments over the years. The Traditional Pro V is the fifth of this line of Les Paul models, and is quite possibly the most advanced. This guitar delivers incredible versatility, amazingly comfortable playability and Gibson’s legendary finish for a stunning final result. Each Trad Pro V includes a deluxe hardshell case and is only available here or at your local Guitar Center store.
- Gloss-finished, weight-relieved mahogany body with flame maple top
- 24.75"-scale mahogany neck with 22-fret, compound-radius rosewood fingerboard
- Dual Gibson Tradbucker pickups with coil-split, coil-tap and phase
- Nashville bridge, aluminum tailpiece and locking Grover tuners