Like its predecessor, the 5150 Standard features a modified Strat-style basswood body with a deeper upper body curve. The graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck features a comfortable modified “C” profile, hand-rubbed satin urethane back finish, heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel and color matched “hockey stick” headstock with EVH logo decal. Built for smooth and speedy playability, the 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and cream dot inlays.
While the famed striped original had a single humbucking bridge pickup only, the all-new 5150 is outfitted with an HH pickup configuration controlled by a three-way toggle switch on the upper bout. The custom designed EVH Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucking bridge pickup delivers the perfect amount of punch and articulation with sweet sustain and thick chunky rhythms in a perfectly balanced EQ curve. The EVH Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucker neck pickup serves up no-nonsense, balls to the wall overdrive and endless sustain without skimping on articulate cleans when the volume is rolled down. A custom designed low friction volume knob creates even-volume tapering for the smoothest volume swells, while the high friction tone knob will stay in place even if accidentally bumped. An added new feature comes in the way of a lower bout kill switch, allowing you to mute your guitar for those stutter, rhythmic effects — think “You Really Got Me.”
Decked out with a “dive-bomb” certified EVH-branded top-mount Floyd Rose bridge, the locking tailpiece features fine tuners for each string and a patented EVH D-Tuna® for switching back and forth from drop-D to standard tuning in an instant.
A high-octane, high performance axe, the 5150 Standard boasts spotlight-ready style in an all-new Ice Blue Metallic or Stealth Black finish with all-black hardware, including the EVH-branded Gotoh tuning machines.
- 25.5” scale length
- Modified Strat-style basswood body with deeper upper body curve
- Graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck
- Neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s specifications with hand-rubbed satin urethane back finish
- 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets and cream dot inlays
- Convenient heel-mount truss rod adjustment spoke wheel
- Direct mount EVH Wolfgang bridge and neck humbucking pickups
- Top-mount EVH-branded Floyd Rose bridge and R3 locking nut
- EVH D-Tuna
- Three-way toggle switch, kill switch, volume control (500K EVH Bourns Low Friction Pot) with treble bleed circuit and tone control (250K EVH Bourns High Friction Pot)
- Available in Ice Blue Metallic or Stealth Black with color matched hockey stick headstock and all-black hardware, including the EVH-branded Gotoh tuning machines
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Hand-Rubbed Satin Urethane
Ebony, 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
Floyd Rose R3 Locking, 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- EVH-Branded Gotoh
25.5" (648 mm)
Top-Mount EVH-Branded Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo with EVH D-Tuna
Bridge: Direct Mount EVH Wolfgang Humbucking
- Neck: Direct Mount EVH Wolfgang Humbucking
3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
Volume (500K EVH Bourns Low Friction Pot) with Treble Bleed Circuit, Tone (250K EVH Bourns High Friction Pot)
Black Knurled with White Indicator
EVH Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
Optional EVH Striped Hardshell (p/n 022-6100-506); Optional EVH Black Gig Bag (p/n 022-1512-006)