The Roland RD-88 offers the acclaimed sound and playability of their RD Series of digital pianos but in a lighter, more affordable package. Appearing on stages around the world, RD pianos have been trusted by professional keyboardists for over 30 years. The RD-88 88-key stage piano lives up to this high standard, putting authentic keyboard action and performance-optimized controls in the hands of players of all levels.
Roland RD-88 Main Features
- World-class playability and newly developed SuperNATURAL sounds
- Clean, compact design that fits your life, plus onboard speakers
- Refreshingly simple interface optimized for performance
- Three zones with Apple MainStage integration and external control
Authentic Sounds and Playability
Drawing upon its rich heritage, the Roland RD88 delivers authentic sounds and world-class playability. The 88-note PHA-4 keybed has ivory-feel keys. The keybed also has “escapement” for true grand-piano response. Escapement provides the authentic “click” feel of a hammer. The RD-88 has a curated selection of legacy acoustic and electronic sounds. These use the same sound engine found in Roland’s flagship synthesizers. Plus, it has newly developed SuperNATURAL pianos and electric pianos based on acclaimed RD series that can go anywhere from sparkling to gritty.
Clean, Compact Design With Onboard Speaker System
The RD-88 has a rugged, sturdy build but remains lightweight and compact. This clean design allows for easy transport and setup. It fits neatly in your home setup or on stages of any size. And built right into the RD-88 is a full-range stereo speaker. This produces room-filling sound and offers convenient monitoring without the clutter of an external amp.
The RD-88 sports the same intuitive controls and friendly layout of other RD Series models. It features two assignable wheels and pedal outputs, plus 8 user-configurable control knobs and more. All of the vital controls are within easy reach, so you can quickly access your favorite sounds, add effects or shape your tone.
Soft-Synth Integration and Configurable Zones
The RD-88 features three configurable zones. You can assign internal sounds or integrate and control soft synths from Apple MainStage. This is perfect for live situations where specific sounds are needed. It opens up the unique capabilities of soft synths. Or, you can mix onboard sounds with your own sample libraries.
- Lightweight and compact design for easy transport and setup
- Ivory feel piano-touch keyboard (PHA-4) for world-class playability
- New SuperNATURAL pianos and electric pianos based on acclaimed RD series
- Easy to use interface optimized for performance
- Three zones with external control and Apple MainStage integration
- Room-filling, onboard speaker system