Made for expressive performance, our premium semi-weighted keybed is set apart from the rest of the Launchkey range, optimised for a responsive feel and tactile feedback. Designed for the player, Launchkey 88 is set up to capture every detail.
Make more of your favorite DAW with dedicated and seamless integration. You’ll have intuitive control of all the key production and performance functionality in Ableton Live, Logic and Cubase, as well as essential mixer, transport and navigation controls for all other major DAWs including Studio One, Pro Tools and Reaper, via HUI.
Bringing 88 premium semi-weighted keys to the creative tools Launchkey is known for, you can create without limits. Transform your sound with creative features including Scale and Chord Modes, and a powerful arpeggiator. Custom Modes and a five-pin MIDI output transform Launchkey 88 into a powerful centrepiece for any player’s setup, whether on stage or in the studio. Combine modes to take your music in new directions, discover ideas effortlessly—and stay inspired.
- Premium full-size keybed 88 premium semi-weighted keys and 16 velocity-sensitive pads allow you to play with feeling
- Seamless DAW Integration Deep integration across all leading DAWs with immediate access to all the controls you need
- Powerful arpeggiator with Strum Mode Take your music to new melodic, harmonic and rhythmic places and unlock more creative ideas
- Three chord modes (fixed, scale and user) let you trigger chords with one finger
- Use Custom Modes and the MIDI output to take control of your favorite synths and hardware
- Included software
- Ableton Live Lite
- XLN Audio Addictive Keys
- AAS Session bundle
- Spitfire Audio Expressive Strings
- Klevgrand DAW Cassette
- Klevgrand Reverb
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- 88-note semi-weighted keybed with adjustable velocity curves
- 16x velocity sensitive pads with polyphonic aftertouch
- 9x faders with pickup
- 8x pots with pickup
- 9x buttons
- Transport controls
- MIDI DIN output
- 2 x 16 character screen
- USB socket
- Kensington lock
- Script integration for Ableton, Logic, Cubase, Reason
- HUI integration for other DAWs including Pro Tools, Reaper, Studio One etc.
- Take control of volume, pan, sends, record, play, drum play, transpose, MIDI channel, program change and assign custom mapping
- Volume, Pan, Sends A/Sends B, Device Parameters
- Record, play, stop and loop buttons
- Play and navigate the drum rack, using the pads and LED feedback
- Track and scene navigation
- Select your device to control within a track and lock the assignment
- Capture MIDI
- Click on/off
- Two rows of clip launchers
- Stop/solo/mute tracks
- Scene launch
- Scene navigation
- Select and arm tracks
- Quantize the keys to a selected scale, so you always stay in key
- Choose from 8 included scale types
- Combines with scale chord mode to help the user explore new musical ideas
- 3 chord modes total
- 1 chord mode triggered by the keys
- Fixed chord mode: Choose the chord notes then play this chord starting from any key as the root note. Lock these chords in key by combining with Scale Mode
- 2 chord modes triggered by the pads to enable simultaneous playing with the keys. Emitted on separate MIDI channel to the keyboard, to control multiple instruments at once
- Scale chord mode: generates a bank of chords based on the selected scale, including triads, 7ths, 9ths and 6/9ths
- User chord mode: allows the user to create a bank of 16 custom assigned chords
- Up, down, up/down, played, random, chord and mutate modes
- Strum mode to trigger the arpeggiator with the mod wheel
- Set the rate to 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 and all associated triplets
- Set the octave range to 1, 2, 3 or 4
- Control the degree of mutation to increase the melodic complexity of the arpeggio
- Control rate, octave, range, swing, rhythm and gate
- Use random rhythms or deviate to sweep through 128 different arpeggio rhythms
- Create Custom Modes for MIDI control, using Novation Components
- Select custom colours for the pads
- Store 4 custom modes each for the pots, pads and sliders
- Mix and match custom modes for each control area
- USB bus powered
- Weight (without accessories): 18.08 lb.
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 3.43" x 50" x 11.26"
All Novation products are built to the highest standards and are designed to provide many years of reliable performance. In the event of a Manufacturing Defect becoming evident during the warranty period, Novation will ensure that the product is repaired or replaced free of charge. The warranty for any product purchased on or after the 1st January 2018 is a period of 36 months from the date of original purchase. The warranty period for products purchased on or prior to the 31st December 2017 is 24 months from the date of original purchase.
A Manufacturing Defect is defined as a defect in the performance of the product as described and published by Novation. A Manufacturing Defect does not include damage caused by post-purchase transportation, storage, or careless handling, nor damage caused by misuse.
While this warranty is provided by Novation, it is fulfilled by Novation’s distribution partner in the country in which you purchased the product. To contact Novation's local distribution partner regarding a warranty issue, use this URL: https://stockists.novationmusic.com/stores/distributors/ ; they will advise you of the appropriate procedure for resolving the warranty issue. Note that many of the products returned under warranty are found not to exhibit any hardware fault at all. In the case of operational interruption, it’s worth checking other factors such as cables, drivers, software settings, and the like, prior to returning your hardware. Contact Novation support here first: https://support.novationmusic.com/hc/en-gb , if you experience technical issues.
In every case, you will need to provide a copy of the original invoice or store receipt to Novation’s local distribution partner. In the event that you are unable to provide proof of purchase, you should request a copy of your receipt from the reseller from whom you purchased the product. If you purchase a Novation product outside your normal country of residence, our distribution partner in your normal country of residence will not be able to honor this limited warranty, although you may request an out-of-warranty chargeable repair.
This limited warranty is offered solely to products purchased from an Authorized Novation Reseller. This Warranty is in addition to your statutory rights in the country of purchase.