The MOTU M2 is a 2-in/2-out USB-C audio interface for Mac, Windows and iOS that offers premium audio quality, ultra-low latency processing and best-in-class metering with a full-color LCD. The M2 includes MOTU Performer Lite and Ableton Live Lite production software, 100+ instruments, dozens of plug-ins, and over 6 GB of loops and samples to start making music right away.
Record Quickly and EasilyThe MOTU M2 offers a full complement of I/O and control. It has two mic/line/hi-Z instrument XLR combo inputs, individual preamp gain and 48V phantom power and one-touch hardware monitoring. The M2 also has support for stereo monitoring, balanced 1/4-inch DC-coupled outputs, unbalanced RCA outputs (mirrored), ESS-driven headphone output with independent volume control. It has MIDI in/out, driver "loopback" channels for live-streaming and podcasting, and USB bus power with power switch (USB cable included).
Capture and Monitor Your Audio With Pristine ClarityEquipped with the same ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC Technology found in audio interfaces costing thousands, the M2 delivers 120 dB Dynamic Range on its main outputs. ESS converters also drive the headphone output, which rivals dedicated headphone amplifiers costing hundreds. Ultra-clean preamp circuits produce a measured -129 dBu EIN on the mic inputs.
Best-in-Class SpeedThe M2 provides best-in-class speed for monitoring live inputs (mic, guitar or keyboard) through your computer, thanks to MOTU's expertly engineered USB drivers, which deliver class-leading, ultra-low 2.5 ms Round Trip Latency (32 sample buffer at 96 kHz).
Pro-level Volume Control and FeedbackWhen recording and mixing, nothing is more critical than achieving optimum levels to get your sound just right. The MOTU M2 2x2 interface features a full color 160x120 pixel LCD serving up clear, detailed level meters for all inputs and outputs.
Perfect for Live Streaming and PodcastingThe M2 driver provides convenient loopback channels to your host computer, so you can easily route computer output back to the computer. This allows you to mix it with live mics and/or guitar inputs from the M2 in your host software for live streaming or podcasting.
Stand-Alone OperationWith a standard USB-C power adapter, the M2 can be used as a stand-alone preamp and basic mixer, with no host computer required. Simply engage the monitor button for each input (and 48V phantom power, if needed) and adjust the preamp gain as needed. Connect the main outs to any line level destination, such as a PA or patch bay.
MOTU Performer LiteThe MOTU M2 includes Performer Lite software, which provides everything you need to record, edit, mix, process and master your own music tracks quickly and easily. . Performer Lite includes over 100 instruments, dozens of effects plug-ins, guitar effects processing and much more.
Ableton Live LiteThe m2 also includes Ableton Live 10 Lite, a lightweight version of Ableton Live 10. It comes with all of Live’s essential workflows, instruments and effects—everything you need to record songs, create hands-on with your controller, take music made in your apps further and so much more.
Free Loops and SoundsWith M2, you get over 6 GB of free loops and sample packs from MOTU, Big Fish Audio, Lucidsamples and Loopmasters to help you start making music right away. Choose from dozens of musical styles, then drag and drop into your project's timeline to build your track quickly.>
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface with studio-quality sound
- Driven by ESS Sabre32 Ultra DAC Technology
- Ultra-low latency for host software processing
- Full-color LCD metering for all inputs/outputs
- 2x mic/line/hi-Z guitar inputs on combo XLR/TRS
- Individual preamp gain and 48V phantom power for each input
- Hardware (direct) monitoring for each input (mono or stereo)
- Measured -129 dB EIN on mic inputs
- 2x balanced, DC-coupled 1/4-inch TRS outputs
- Measured 120 dB dynamic range on the 1/4-inch balanced TRS outputs
- 2x RCA (unbalanced) analog out (mirrored)
- 1x headphone out (driven by ESS converters) with independent volume control
- MIDI in/out
- Support for 44.1 to 192 kHz sample rates
- USB audio class compliant for plug-and-play operation on Mac (no driver required)
- Windows driver with 2.5 ms Round Trip Latency (32 sample buffer at 96 kHz)
- Mac driver (optional, for 2.5 ms RTL@32/96 kHz and loopback feature)
- iOS compatible (USB audio class compliant)
- Driver loopback for capturing host output, live streaming and podcasting
- Bus powered USB-C (compatible with USB Type A) with power switch (USB cable included)
- Rugged metal construction
- Workstation software included (MOTU Performer Lite 10 and Ableton Live Lite 10)
- 100+ instruments (in Performer Lite)
- Over 6 GB of included free loops, samples and one-shots from industry leading libraries
- Kensington security slot
- Included Software: MOTU Performer Lite, Ableton Live 10 Lite, 6GB of loops and sounds from Big Fish Audio, LucidSamples, Loopmasters and MOTU
- Sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
- Mic/line/guitar inputs: 2 x XLR/TRS "combo jack" mic/line/Hi-Z guitar inputs
- Independent preamp gain, 48V phantom power and monitor switch for each input
- Analog outputs: 2 x 1/4" TRS line out (balanced, DC coupled), 2 x RCA (unbalanced) analog out (mirrored), 1 x 1/4" TRS stereo headphone
- Computer I/O: 1 x USB-C (compatible with USB Type A) 2.0 audio class compliant
- MIDI I/O: 1 x MIDI IN, 1 x MIDI OUT, 16 MIDI channels to/from computer host
- Headphone: 1 x 1/4" TRS stereo phone
- Phantom power: 2 x individual +48V
- Front panel: 1 x 1/4" TRS headphone output, 2 x XLR/TRS combo inputs, 1 x potentiometer for monitor vol, 1 x potentiometer for phone vol, 2 x potentiometer for mic/instr input gain, 4 x switches for (2) 48V and (2) MON, 160 x 120 pixel full-colored LCD with input and output level meters
- Power: Bus-powered through USB
- Dimensions (width x depth x height): 7.5 x 4.25 x 1.75",
- Weight: 1.35 lbs / 0.61 kg
- Mac System Requirements: 1 GHz Intel-based Mac or faster, 2 GB RAM; 4 GB or more recommended, macOS version 10.11 or later, a large hard drive (at least 500 GB for recording)
- Windows System Requirements: 1 GHz Pentium-based PC compatible or faster, 2 GB RAM; 4 GB or more recommended, Windows 7, 8 or 10 (x64 only), a large hard drive (at least 500 GB for recording)
Warranty terms vary. Check with manufacturer for specific product warranty.