Line 6 Helix Rack Guitar Effects Processor
Videos (4)View All
Line 6 | Helix | HX 3.70 Firmware Update
Line 6 | Helix Rack | Overview
Helix 3.0 Update Overview Part 2
Development of Helix with Eric Klein
The Line 6 Helix Rack is a revolutionary rack-mountable guitar multi-effects processor that provides massive power and unparalleled sonic accuracy. Built on the new HX modeling engine, the Helix Rack leverages dual DSPs and years of tonal study to capture every nuance that shapes a great guitar amp's sound and dynamic response. Whether you're recording in the studio or performing onstage, the Helix Rack delivers the tone and feel of analog gear with a simple, intuitive interface.
New HX Modeling Engine Recreates Iconic Amps and Effects
At the heart of the Helix Rack is Line 6's ground-breaking new HX modeling engine, which provides the processing muscle to authentically capture the sonic details and reactive dynamic feel of real tube amps and effects. Every component—from preamp tubes to power supply—has been meticulously measured and matched to the originals. The result is a playing experience that reacts and responds like the real gear, from the bloom and compression of vintage amps to the gutsy punch of modern beasts. The Helix Rack also lets you load third-party impulse responses to shape your tone.
Amazingly Intuitive Interface Minimizes Menu Diving
Despite its immense capabilities, the Helix Rack is designed to minimize complexity. The ample 6.2" color display provides a clear window into your presets, tones and routing options while eliminating excessive menu diving. Editing is fast, fluid and intuitive, allowing you to craft new sounds as quickly as inspiration strikes. For even faster editing, pair the Helix Rack with the optional Helix Control foot controller, which provides hands-free access to amp and effects parameters via its capacitive-sensing footswitches.
Flexible I/O and Routing Options for Simple or Complex Setups
With its dynamically allocated DSP, the Helix Rack offers extremely flexible I/O and routing options for both simple and sophisticated rigs. It provides four stereo paths per preset, enabling complex wet/dry and parallel processing options. The four effects loops can serve as inserts for external pedals and racks or as freely assignable inputs and outputs. Digital I/O includes AES/EBU and Word Clock. Support for three expression pedals, CV/Expression out and external amp switching provides comprehensive control over outboard gear.
Serves as a Powerful Guitar System Master Controller
As the hub of your guitar rig, the Helix Rack provides powerful real-time MIDI control and can send up to six separate commands when changing presets to control synths, sequencers, mixers and more. The Helix Rack brings together the best of analog and digital technology into a single, seamless guitar system that sounds and feels like the real thing.
- Dual DSP-powered HX modeling engine with four discrete stereo signal paths, 45 amps, 30 cabs, 16 mics and 70 effects
- Imports 3rd-party 1,024/2,048 cab IR (impulse responses)
- Large 6.2" 800x480-pixel LCD display
- Extensive I/O for seamless integration with your entire rig—10 inputs 12 outputs (including four fx loops), plus 8-in/8-out USB audio interface
- Up to three expression pedals, expression toe switch input, CV/Expression out, external amp switching and deep MIDI control
- AES/EBU and SPDIF digital I/O with Wordclock sync
- Industry-leading 123dB of dynamic range on the guitar input, for tremendous depth and ultra-low noise
- Tour Grade construction—3RU rack enclosure with optional foot-based controller
- Dimensions: 19" x 5.05" x 8.8"
- Weight: 11.9 lb.
- Includes Helix Firmware Update 3.6 free download