Helix is a new kind of multi-effects guitar processor: it’s not only a tour-grade multi-effect pedal that sounds and feels authentic, it’s also one of the most comprehensive master controller for guitar systems ever built. Start by recreating the tones in your head with the new HX modeling engine - the new amps, cabs, mics and effects will feel fam... Click To Read More About This Product
Did you know we'll buy your used and vintage gear?Sell your used gear Find out more
Helix is a new kind of multi-effects guitar processor: it’s not only a tour-grade multi-effect pedal that sounds and feels authentic, it’s also one of the most comprehensive master controller for guitar systems ever built. Start by recreating the tones in your head with the new HX modeling engine - the new amps, cabs, mics and effects will feel familiar to anyone who has ever spent time in the studio getting the best guitar sounds from both vintage and modern gear. Have a pile of oddball pedals that you rely on for your personal sounds? No problem. Take advantage of the most comprehensive I/O and routing capabilities ever built into a multi-effect and easily integrate them into the Helix environment. Once connected, create custom setups and footswitch labels that make your external pedals feel like they’re all under the hood. Whether you spend your time in the studio or on the stage, Helix is the next-generation guitar processor you’ve been waiting for.
Real tone that feels and sounds like your analog gear
When it comes down to authentic sound and feel, Helix represents a giant leap forward for guitar technology. The dual-DSP engine provides massive power to accurately recreate the dynamic feel of tube amplifiers, not just their sonic fingerprint. Each stage of an amp’s circuit has been measured and matched back to the original, so that each model reacts and interacts just like the real thing. This level of dynamic circuit detail extends into areas like power supply ripple, individual tube sag, and control over B+ voltages. Once these elements are captured, you get classic bloom and gooey compression on some amps, and a powerful gut punch on others. Helix also lets you load custom impulse responses, allowing you to personalize your rig setup.
So intuitive, you'll already know how to use it
Massive power traditionally comes with a steep learning curve, but Helix challenges that way of thinking. Touch-sensitive footswitches allow you to select an effect block for editing simply by touching it. In combination, the large 6.2 inch 800x480-pixel LCD display all but eliminates menu-diving and provides the same level of control you would expect from an external editor. Colored LED rings and customizable scribble strips complete the user interface, letting you know what each footswitch is doing at a glance. When it comes to creating tones, Helix is as fast as you are.
Part of the goal in developing Helix was to allow guitarists to interact with technology in ways that are more intuitive, making the creation of tones easier. This means that - for the very first time - you won’t have to stop playing to tweak a knob. With Pedal Edit Mode, you can edit any parameter you like using your foot: simply select the block that you want to tweak, and its parameters spill out onto the footswitches. Select a parameter, and tweak the value using the expression pedal.
Giving you the ability to touch a footswitch and quickly tweak parameters or easily assign or learn controllers, Helix is the fastest tone creator of its kind on the planet. But that’s only part of the story – it’s also the most flexible. Helix has four stereo paths per preset, allowing you to design complex routing scenarios for each patch. Creating variations on wet and dry routing schemes is as easy as loading a template or tweaking the joystick, and using the onboard effects models in conjunction with the four freely-assignable effects loops means that the tonal possibilities are truly huge.
Control of your entire rig–Integrate and control internal and external devices
As the most advanced guitar processor ever made, Helix can become the nerve center for your entire guitar rig. Easily integrate traditional effects pedals and other hardware into your environment, creating a seamless hybrid rig that incorporates the best of what software and hardware have to offer.
Helix has the most flexible audio routing ever seen on a guitar processor, thanks to its dynamically allocated DSP. Use the four effects loops to connect four separate pedal chains, or split them up and use them as freely-assignable inputs and outputs. In combination with four stereo paths, this means that you can process multiple instruments at once, send wet and dry signals to different places, and create large integrated systems that take advantage of both digital and analog I/O at the same time.
When you need to incorporate external devices via MIDI, Helix offers more flexibility than any multi-effects. In addition to powerful real time MIDI control, Helix can send up to six separate commands at patch recall that aren’t assigned to a footswitch, which means you can change a patch on a synth, start a sequencer, and turn up a fader on an external mixer, all with one press of a footswitch. Add three expression pedals, CV/Expression out, and external amp switching, and Helix can be the command center for any size rig.
Helix 3.0 Firmware Update
The Helix 3.0 firmware update for Helix and HX hardware devices and the 3.0 software update for the Helix Native plug-in include 20 new models—most notably five world-class polyphonic pitch-shifting effects—along with several significant performance enhancements.
• US Princess, based on* the Fender Princeton Reverb amp
• Das Benzin Lead, based on* the Lead channel of the Diezel VH4 amp
• Poly Pitch, a Line 6 original
• Poly Wham, a Line 6 original
• Poly Detune, Line 6 original
• Poly Sustain, a Line 6 original
• Poly Capo, Line 6 original, works equally well on guitar and bass
• 12 String, a Line 6 original 12-string guitar emulation
• Horizon Drive, based on* the Horizon Devices Precision Drive pedal
• Swedish Chainsaw, based on* the BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal Distortion
• Pocket Fuzz, inspired by the Jordan Boss Tone fuzz
• Bighorn Fuzz, based on* the 1973 Electro-Harmonix “ram's head” Big Muff
• Ballistic Fuzz, based on* the Euthymia ICBM fuzz
• Horizon Gate, based on* the Horizon Devices Precision Drive's gate
• Acoustic Sim, based on* the BOSS AC-2 Acoustic Simulator
• Glitch Delay, an open-ended delay effect with endless creative options
• Shuffling Looper, an inspiring idea generator that intelligently slices and reconfigures your loops
• Stereo Imager, Line 6 original
• 1x10 US Princess, based on* the Fender Princeton Reverb cab
• 1x12 US Princess, based on* a Fender Princeton Reverb cab with an Alnico Blue speaker
• A Favorites model list to store your custom amp and effect edits, including footswitch assignments
• You can now save default settings for every amp, cab, or effect block.
• Your custom settings appear every time you load the block.
Additionally, Helix Floor, Rack, LT and Native users now have the option to disable Path 2 for true preset spillover.
Meanwhile, the HX Stomp pedal’s simultaneous block count has increased from six to eight and now includes a Command Center menu for controlling other devices via MIDI or software via QWERTY keystrokes. And the Helix Native plug-in now includes a Tuner and Gain Reduction meters.
* All product names are trademarks of their respective owners and neither Yamaha Guitar Group nor Line 6 are associated or affiliated with them. These trademarks appear solely to identify products whose tones and sounds were studied by Line 6 during sound model development.
Guitar Center's Pro Coverage
Pro Coverage gives you added warranty protection for your gear. Stepping in where the manufacturer's "normal wear and tear" coverage ends, our Pro Coverage program offers you upgraded coverage if your product ever fails Click To Read More About This Product.
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.