Jackson pays homage to the prodigious guitarist with his very own USA Signature Gus G. Star, which offers a fresh new take on one of Jackson’s original avant-garde body shapes. His signature Star model features an alder body with through-neck construction to ensure ergonomic comfort during long sets along with monstrous sustain. The rock-solid maple neck has a satin finish on the back for smooth fret-hand playability, and a 12” radius bound pau ferro fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and mother of pearl big block inlays.
Designed to meet his exacting playing-style needs, the all-new active Gus G. Proteus humbucker pickup set provides powerful, rich tone and nuanced expression. Built with a high-output, low-noise preamp, these signature pickups deliver ample kick and distortion with well-balanced EQ and rich harmonics that respond perfectly to picking attach and dynamics. Harness its tonal power with three-way toggle pickup switching and a single volume control, and enjoy accurate intonation and enhanced sustain from the TonePros TOM-style adjustable bridge with anchored Gotoh tailpiece.
A formidable and stunning creation, the USA Signature Gus G. Star is available in Ivory with a pointed 6-in-line matching headstock, white binding and stylish chrome hardware, including the pickup covers. Includes hardshell case.
- Alder Star body
- Through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement, scarf joint and satin finish on the back
- 12” radius pau ferro fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and mother of pearl big block inlays
- Active Gus G. Proteus neck and bridge humbucking pickups with chrome pickup covers
- Active electronics
- Three-way toggle switch and volume control
- TonePros TOM-style adjustable with anchored Gotoh tailpiece
- Dunlop dual-locking strap buttons and Jackson sealed die-cast locking tuners
- Available in Ivory with pointed 6-in-line matching headstock, white binding and chrome hardware
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Di(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, and to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Body Type: Other, Solid Body
- Top wood: Alder
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss
- Neck shape: Slim
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Neck-through
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Neck finish: Satin
- Material: Pau Ferro
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Mother-of-pearl Block
- Nut width/material: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm), Plastic
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Proprietary Humbucker
- Bridge: Proprietary Humbucker
- Control layout: Master volume
- Pickup switch: 3-Way
- Special electronics: Active pickups
- Bridge type: Fixed Bridge
- Bridge design: Individual saddle
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Sealed Die-cast
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Orientation: Right handed
- Country of Origin: United States
One year parts and labor warranty for guitars purchased before 1/1/2000.