Designed for the pro musician, the SR5005OL is a stunning 5-string bass from the acclaimed Prestige Series. The body consists of a Mahogany core with Oil finish Wenge front and back caps. Wenge is an excellent tonewood with qualities. It delivers excellent punch and projection with a response that is immediate and balanced. The SR5005OL neck is a 5-pc Wenge/Bubinga Atlas-5 HP neck with KTS TITANIUM rod for the ultimate in stability and reliability. A Wenge fretboard, embedded with elegant Abalone & Pearl oval inlays, makes a striking, chic impression. The Mono-Rail V bridge system provides superior string isolation with maximum vibration transfer and is designed for quick, precise intonation adjustments.
For electronics, the SR5005OL features Bartolini custom pickups, specifically designed for Ibanez to have a deeper tone in the neck position while retaining a bright timbre in the bridge. By adjusting the Blend control, a wide range of sounds are accessible before any EQ is applied. Equalization controls include a 3-band Active EQ with a bypass switch and a mid frequency switch for the ultimate in tone management.
- Neck: Atlas-5 HP 5pc Wenge/Bubinga neck w/KTS TITANIUM rods
- Body: Wenge top/Mahogany/Wenge back body
- Fingerboard: Wenge
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl & Abalone oval
- Frets: Medium frets
- Pickups: Bartolini Custom neck pu, Bartolini Custom bridge pu
- EQ: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band eq w/Eq bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot)
- Bridge: Mono-rail V bridge
- Hardware color: Gold