RedNet is Focusrite's new flagship range of Ethernet-networked studio interfaces, based around the tried and tested Dante Ethernet audio networking system from Australian company Audinate. Focusrite's RedNet is the first to offer IP network audio interfaces for the recording studio - or any application that requires moving high quality audio around with ultra-low latency.
RedNet 4 adds eight of the latest remote-controlled Focusrite mic preamps / line inputs to your RedNet system through a single Ethernet cable. With two selectable DI's, RedNet 4 provides an effective range of analog inputs for your system. The unit includes Focusrite's world-class precision A-D conversion. Mic/Line/DI selection, gain, phantom power, HPF and metering are also accessible from the front panel. The benefit of remote control microphone pre-amp gain is that you can keep the mic pre close to the source (so the analogue cable run is minimal) while still setting gain stages from the control room.
- Eight high-quality Focusrite mic preamps
- Selectable line and DI inputs for input flexibility
- Dynamic range: 119dB
- THD+Noise: <0.001%
- Mic input Level up to +16dBu
- Max mic input gain: 63dB
- JetPLL jitter-reduction technology
- Focusrite offers a 2-year manufacturer's warranty
- Gain range: 0 dB; 8 to 63 dB in 1 dB steps
- Type: Classic ISA-based, electronically balanced, Zin = 2.4 kohms
- Max. input level: +16 ±0.5 dB; min. gain for 0 dBFS, Rs = 150 ohms, pad out
- Min. input level: -47 ±0.5 dB; max. gain for 0 dBFS, Rs = 150 ohms, pad out
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 55kHz ±0.1 dB (-3 dB @ 80kHz, fs = 192kHz); Rs = 150 ohms
- THD+N: < 0.0007% @ -1 dBFS; +15 dBu input, Rs = 150 ohms, 20 Hz - 22 kHz
- Noise: EIN -128 dB; 60 dB gain, Rs = 150 ohms, 20 Hz - 22kHz
- Phantom power: 48 V, independently switchable per-channel
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 119 dB ˜A'-weighted; Rs = 150 ohms
Instrument Inputs (Inputs 1 & 2 only)
- Gain range: -12 to 42 dB in 1 dB steps
- Max. input level: +24 ±0.5 dB; min. gain for 0 dBFS
- Min. input level: -30 ±0.5 dB; max. gain for 0 dBFS
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz ±0.1 dB
- THD+N: ? 0.003% @ -1 dBFS; +23 dBu input, min.gain, 20 Hz - 22 kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 117 dB ˜A'-weighted
Analogue High-Pass Filters
- Gain range: +14 to 68 dB in 1 dB steps
- Max. input level: +10 ±0.5 dB; min. gain for 0 dBFS
- Min. input level: -44 ±0.5 dB; max. gain for 0 dBFS, pad out
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz ±0.1 dB
- THD+N: ? 0.001% @ -1 dBFS; +9 dBu input, min.gain, 20Hz - 22kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 112 dB ˜A'-weighted
- Selection: Independently switchable per-channel
- Frequency/slope: -6 dB @ 65 ±3 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Input to input: ?-80 dB (all other channels at 0 dBFS)
- Supported sample rates: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 192kHz
- Clock sources: Internal or from network master device
Front Panel Indicators
- PSU: Internal, Universal type, consumption 30 VA
- Power: Green
- Network connected: Green
- Sync lock: Green
- Sample rate: Yellow x 5
- Channel 1/2 source: Yellow x 3 (mic/line/inst)
- Signal level: Green x 8 (-42 dBFS); Yellow x 8 (-6 dBFS); Red x 8 (overload)
- Channel select buttons: 8
- Channel function controls: Input source, HPF, phantom power, Gain encoder
- Channel display: Colour OLED; channel number, input source, gain
All Focusrite products are built to the highest standards and should provide reliable performance for many years, subject to reasonable care, use, transportation and storage.
In the event of a Manufacturing Defect becoming evident within 12 months from date of purchase Focusrite undertakes that the product will be repaired or replaced free of charge if the product is returned to the authorised dealer from whom it was purchased. In these circumstances, or if you need an out-of-warranty repair to your Focusrite product, please contact your local Focusrite distributor in your country of residence or business : Find your local distributor here and you will be advised of the correct return procedure.
Alternatively contact the Focusrite Reseller from which you purchased the product. If you purchase a Focusrite product outside your country of residence or business you will not be entitled to ask your local Focusrite Distributor to honour this Limited Warranty, although you may request a chargeable repair.
Alternatively, the unit may be returned at your cost to the dealer you purchased the unit from so that they can organise a Warranty repair with their Focusrite Distributor.
This Warranty does not include cost of shipping to and from the authorised dealer from whom it was purchased. In every case it will be necessary to provide the original invoice or store receipt to accompany the defective product to the supplying dealer. This Limited Warranty is offered solely to the first purchaser of the product from an Authorised Focusrite Reseller (defined as a reseller which has purchased the Product directly from Focusrite Audio Engineering Ltd. in the UK or its Authorised Distributors outside the U.K,) and is not transferable.
This Warranty is in addition to your Statutory Rights in the country of purchase.
Please note: A Manufacturing Defect is defined as a defect in the performance of the product which may be expected from a reasonable interpretation of the published description and performance specifications as published by Focusrite Audio Engineering Ltd. This does not include damage caused by post-purchase transportation, storage or careless handling, nor damage caused by misuse.
A significant proportion of products returned under Warranty (which are very few in number compared to numbers sold) are found not to exhibit any fault at all. Please check that the mains voltage is correctly set for your local supply and that your connecting cables are in good order and correctly connected.
If in doubt about the product functions please read the user guide and if necessary contact your dealer for advice before returning the product to the supplying dealer. You can also contact the Focusrite Tech Support team at the Focusrite Answerbase for general advice.