BOSS Katana-50 MkII 50W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amplifier
Videos (4)View All
BOSS Katana MkII | Version 2 Software Update | What's New?
KATANA Series Quick Start chapter 1: Setting Up & Basic Features
KATANA Series Quick Start chapter 2: Using Effects
Presenting the New BOSS KATANA MkII
The BOSS Katana-50 MkII is the latest in their acclaimed Katana series of combo amplifiers. This 50W, 1x12" amp is packed with five unique amp voicings, 60 customizable effects, and variable power control for cranked-amp tones at lower volumes. Whether you're looking for an all-in-one amp for gigging, recording or practice, the Katana-50 MkII has the versatility, power and technology to be the heart of your guitar setup.
Five Distinct Amp Voicings
The Katana-50 MkII features five amp characters with 10 selectable variations for sculpting your core tone. Choose from the sparkling Clean voicing, the overdriven Crunch channel, the sustaining Lead tone, the higher-gain Brown sound (derived from BOSS's Waza amp) or the dedicated Acoustic channel for amplifying acoustic-electrics. Each voicing has been updated with new variations, providing an even wider range of tones to build your signature sound.
60 Customizable Effects On Board
This amp comes loaded with five simultaneous effects sections with over 60 different effects to choose from. The independent Booster, Modulation, FX, Delay and Reverb sections give you the versatility of a massive pedalboard built right into your amp. Connect to BOSS's Tone Studio editor software to dive in and customize each effect, change the signal chain and save your favorite sounds.
Variable Power Control
The Katana-50 MkII features BOSS's innovative Variable Power Control, which provides cranked-amp tones at lower volume levels. Just dial back the overall volume to enjoy the rich, responsive distortion of a tube amp without getting kicked out of the venue or the house. The Power Control allows you to find the amp's tonal sweet spot no matter where you're playing.
Amplify Your External Gear
In addition to operating as a standalone amplifier, the Katana-50 MkII works as a powered cabinet for your existing preamps, modelers or multi-effects units. Connect to the rear-panel Power Amp In jack to bypass the Katana's preamp and effects and tap straight into the power section, complete with grab-and-go Power Control. Use BOSS's Tone Studio to optimize the input for your particular gear with adjustable gain and a high-pass filter.
- Stage-ready 50-watt combo amp with a custom 12" speaker
- Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch and cutting presence
- Five unique amp characters (Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown and Acoustic), plus newly voiced variations for each
- Five independent effects sections (Booster, Mod, FX, Delay and Reverb), with three selectable variations in each
- Dedicated Pedal FX for foot-controlled wah and pedal bend
- Updated BOSS Tone Studio software for customizing your sound with over 60 different BOSS effects, channel and global EQs, adjustable routing and much more
- Power Amp In for preamps, modelers and multi-effects
- Four Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and response at low volumes
- Three Cab Resonance options (Vintage, Modern and Deep), selectable in BOSS Tone Studio
- Mic’d cabinet emulation on the USB and phones/recording outputs, with five Air Feel settings available in BOSS Tone Studio
- Rear-panel connections for up to two footswitches or an expression pedal
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
90 day labor warranty.
1 year warranty - Multitracks, Jamstations, etc.
Check with manufacturer for specific product warranty.