Avantone Mixcubes are designed to be a perfect stereo matching pair of monitors to replicate the wide range of “bass-challenged” devices such as car stereos, TVs, clock radios, computers, Bluetooth devices, etc. Avantone Mixcube Actives are a huge upgrade from the original 5C Sound Cubes, from a newly engineered cabinet, to a more smooth, open and transparent driver, plus with an over-engineered power amplifier. The bass response has been extended ever so slightly as well, but the original character has been maintained. The speakers feature a proprietary 5.25" die-cast, polished aluminum frame driver/cone assembly to exceed the performance of the originals. The paper cone is custom designed and crafted using the finest New Zealand pulp with mica fibers added for lighter weight and rigidity. The cloth surround is made in Japan to exacting and uniform thickness. The Top Plate and T-Yoke of the driver are made of Sumitomo 1008 low-carbon steel, enabling the highest modeled flux density in the gap. The magnets are Y- 40 GRADE (MIL-SPEC) yielding a 43oz. high-power, low-distortion motor structure.
- System type: Active (Self-powered) shielded full-range stereo pair
- Frequency response: 90Hz - 17,000Hz (useful musical range)
- Impedance: Nominal 8 ohms
- Max SPL: 104db @ 1 meter = 1%THD (PINK NOISE)
- Amp type: Class A/B
- Amp power: 60 watts RMS@ .005% THD (1KHz)
- Amp frequency response: 22Hz-50KHz +0dB/- 3dB (90Hz-50KHz +/-0dB)
- Noise: S/N -113 dB
- Sensitivity: 0dBu (.775VRMS) input at maximum volume (+6dB) = 104dB SPL
- Driver: Proprietary design 5.25" cast aluminum frame / paper cone / shielded
- Inputs: XLR & TRS (COMBO JACK) +4/Balanced and -10 unbalanced
- Weight: 7.13 lb. (per monitor)
- Dimensions: 6.5" x 6.5" x 6.5"