The word "mini" is in the name, but it's a beast for bass lovers.
With Moog's Minotaur, you don't have to traverse a labyrinth to create analog bass sounds of mythical proportions. Part of the Taurus family of Moog instruments, this compact analog bass synthesizer provides you with all the growl, snarl and low end its siblings are known for in an uncomplicated one knob per function format. Whether you're using it as part of your live rig or as extra weapon in your studio arsenal, the Minotaur, unlike it's legendary namesake, has a small footprint, measuring a mere 8.5" x 5.25".
This rugged synthesizer features two oscillators with Sawtooth and Square wave-shapes for each VCO so you can recreate the sounds of the original Taurus, create new sounds with square waves or do a combination of both. There is also a Moog Ladder Filter with adjustable resonance for old-school bass with impact, 2 Minimoog-style ASDSR Envelope Generators for VCF and VCA, MIDI-syncable LFO with control for Rate, VCO LFO and VCF LFO amount. It also comes with DIN MIDI and MIDI over USB for even more control options, as well as external audio input so you can process your own external audio through it's mixer and filters for even crazier bass combinations.
- One knob per function interface for tweaking and creating new sounds on-the-fly
- Two oscillators with Sawtooth (Original Taurus) and Square wave-shapes for each VCO
- Recreate sounds of the original Taurus with sawtooth waves, or create new sounds with square waves, or combination of both
- 2 Mixer VCAs for VCO levels control of Oscillators 1 and 2
- Moog Ladder Filter with adjustable resonance delivers classic Taurus 1 and 3 bass and boom
- Two Minimoog style ADSR Envelope Generators for modulating VCF and VCA
- The Decay and Release segments are controlled by the Decay knob, while the Release segment is enabled or disabled via Release On/Off switch
- MIDI-syncable LFO with controls for Rate, VCO LFO Amount, and VCF LFO Amount
- DIN MIDI and MIDI over USB offer complete control of sound engine
- Analog Control inputs for Pitch, Filter, Volume and Gate
- Use an EP2 or CV to connect and control MInitaur with everything from Modulars to Moogerfoogers (sold separately)
- External audio input for processing external audio through the Mixer and Filter section
- Headphone output with 1/8" connection
Don't let the small size fool ya, 'cause this analog bass synth will school you. Order today!