Zildjian K Sweet Hi-Hats 16 in. Pair
Videos (5)View All
Zildjian Drum Set Cymbals 101
Zildjian K Sweet Cymbals
14" K ZILDJIAN SWEET HIHAT BOTTOM
15" K ZILDJIAN SWEET HIHAT BOTTOM
Zildjian's K Sweet 16" Hi-Hats offer musicians a bold new voice in the iconic K Series. These hi-hats blend vintage warmth and sensitivity with modern darkness and projection. Featuring a thin, responsive top cymbal and an extra-heavy bottom cymbal, the K Sweet Hi-Hats produce a wide range of tones from subtle, breathy chick sounds to loud, cutting crashes. Their unlathed bells add penetrating overtones and allow the hi-hats to open with a roaring wash. Handcrafted in the USA from Zildjian's proprietary B20 bronze alloy, which provides unparalleled musicality and tonal complexity, the K Sweet Hi-Hats are perfectly suited for drummers looking to expand their sonic palette.
Thin Top Cymbal Responds to Your Every Touch
The K Sweet Hi-Hats' thin top cymbal is highly sensitive, reacting instantly to variations in technique and touch. Foot-splashes shimmer and decay musically. Gentle taps elicit soft, breathy chick sounds. When played with force, the top cymbal cuts through with a loud, metallic crash. This responsiveness allows drummers to coax a wide range of tones from the hi-hats and use them expressively.
Extra-Heavy Bottom Cymbal Provides Solid Foundation
Beneath the responsive top cymbal lies an extra-heavy bottom cymbal that provides a sturdy foundation for complex, musical hi-hat work. Its weight gives foot chicks and splashes a full, resonant tone with rich overtones and a long, even decay. When the hi-hats are partially or fully opened, the bottom cymbal contributes a roaring wash that can cut through a mix. This balance of light and heavy, thin and thick provides versatility and tonal depth.
Unlathed Bells Add Distinctive Voice
The K Sweet Hi-Hats feature unlathed bells that produce penetrating overtones with a hint of raw trashiness. When the hi-hats are played open, the unlathed bells allow their sound to spread and provide musical chaos. When closed, the unlathed bells enrich normal chick sounds with zingy overtones and a subtle roughness around the edges. Overall, the unlathed bells give the K Sweet Hi-Hats a distinctive voice that blends dark, sweet and complex tones.
Handcrafted in the USA from Legendary B20 Bronze
Like all Zildjian cymbals, the K Sweet Hi-Hats are handcrafted in the USA using a secret bronze alloy that Zildjian has refined for nearly 400 years. This proprietary B20 bronze provides an ideal blend of warmth, shimmer, and musicality. Its variety of tonal colors allows drummers to find their own unique sound within the voice of the K Sweet Hi-Hats.
- Extensive K hammering
- Thin top, extra heavy bottom and unlathed bells
- Dark sound with a solid chick sound and full wash
- Made in U.S.A.
- Quantity: 1
- Type: Hi-hat(s)
- Sizes (in): Multiple
- Material: Cast alloy
- Hammering: Machine
- Lathing: Partial
- Cymbal weight: Thin
- Bell: Standard
- Finish: Traditional
- Country of origin: United States
- Added value: No
As of October 1, 2009, all Zildjian Cymbals are guaranteed against manufacturer's defects for two (2) years from the date of original purchase.
For warranty claims outside the U.S., contact your local Zildjian distributor. Click here for the international distributor locator.
Cymbals that show factory defects within two years of their original purchase are eligible for examination at our factory. Zildjian experts will evaluate the damage and issue a replacement cymbal, unless it appears the damage is related to improper use or care.
If you believe your cymbal has a factory defect:
1. Contact Zildjian to obtain a Return Authorization number (RA#), via telephone: 781-871-2200.
2. Indicate the location of the damage on the cymbal with a piece of tape.
3. Make a photocopy of your original numbered and dated sales receipt.
4. Carefully package your cymbal. Include your RA# and the photocopy of your sales receipt in the box.
5. Ship the package to:
Avedis Zildjian Company
22 Longwater Drive
Norwell, MA 02061
A Cymbal will not be replaced if:
1. It has been misplayed, dropped, played with excessive force or treated abusively.
2. The center hole is worn due to improper stand set-up or abusive play.
3. The cymbal was bought second-hand or used in a lease program.
4. The cymbal has previously been replaced by Zildjian.
5. More than two years have passed since the cymbal was purchased.
• Cost of shipping a damaged cymbal to Zildjian is the customers responsibility.
• Factory evaluations take approximately 4 - 6 weeks.
• Cymbals that do not meet the warranty guidelines will be returned to customer.
• Cost of shipping a replacement or damaged cymbal back to the customer will be covered by Zildjian.