The XILS 4 is an emulation of the EMS VCS4, a prototype modular synthesizer that was never released. The EMS VCS4 is based on two integrated, interlinked and interacting VCS 3 (Synthi) cores, and the XILS 4 is also couples them with the famous 256 analog poly sequencer. In the XILS 4, you can connect everything with everything, and you get more than 1140 possible different connections per patch creating an endless source of inspiration for those who want to go deep into the heart of Analog Modular Synthesis. Not sure you'e ready for modular monsters ? This synthesizer includes a new preset factory library, with more than 350 presets that were especially designed for it, and also includes the XILS 3 factory library. It also includes tutorial patches, helping you to climb the first steps of your modular workflow.
- 12 Aliasing free Oscillators, grouped in 6 pairs
- 2 Analog Multimode Filters, Non Linear and zero delay Behaviors, with 3 Modes 4 Trapezoidal, looping, Envelope Generators. ( Switchable to standard ADSR )
- 5 Polyphonic LFOs ( including 4 Oscillator acting as LFO at audio rate )
- Polyphonic Ring Modulator and VCA engine
- Cascade Mode : Synthesizer 1 can feed Synth 2 engine inputs
- 4 independent outputs feeding the Stereo Bus, each with one analog Lp/Hp filter
- 2 Programmable Joystick Vector Controllers ( up to 32+32 modulation targets )
- Polyphonic Sequencer with 3 independent lines, Slew rates, 3 recording modes.
- Sequencer can behave as modulation source.
- Pitch Tracker, Enveloppe Follower, Transient, Gate, Sample & Hold Modules
- Chorus, Delay, Phaser, Spring Reverb
- 6 Play modes (including Unison 2/4/6 ), Polyphonic and mono Portamento/Glissando/Legato, 2 different Keyboard Scaling, Polyphonic Aftertouch and VCA handling
- Nearly 700 presets made by worldwide famous Sound Designers
- Preset Database Engine (Find the right patch in a flash, create your own tags)
- Comprehensive manual with a getting started and tutorial sections
- More than 100 parameters mappable to midi controllers
- More than 1100 possible connexions per patch