Universal Audio Volt 476 USB Audio Interface
Videos (1)View All
Volt – Built to Inspire
Universal Audio's Volt 476 is a 4-channel recording interface for Mac/PC and iPad/iPhone that features added inputs for collaborating, 24-bit/192kHz audio conversion, tone shaping via 76 Compressor, vintage mic preamp mode and a suite of industry-leading software. As a desktop 4-in/4-out USB audio interface, it delivers professional audio conversion and functions as a 76 Compressor. The Volt 476 features top-of-the-line audio quality in a retro-inspired industrial design, making it easy to create professional-sounding music productions, livestreams and podcasts at home or on the road. Built-in vintage-style mic preamps and tone shaping bring the rich, full sound of classic UA outboard gear to your studio. It includes a full suite of audio and music tools from Ableton, Relab, Melodyne, UJAM, Marshall, Ampeg and more, giving you all the creative control and flexibility you need.
Produce with Best-in-Class Audio Quality
From the team that brought you the game-changing Apollo interface, Volt 476 delivers superior studio sound quality, with more character and tone than any USB interface in its class.
Get Classic Sounds with Vintage Mic Preamp Mode
Few sounds can compare to a vintage Universal Audio 610 tube preamp, as used to record everyone from Ray Charles to Van Halen. Volt 476 gives you the rich, full sound of this classic UA mic/line/instrument preamp, thanks to its built-in tube emulation circuitry, a UA exclusive.
Control Volume Peaks with UA Compression
Get album-ready punch and presence with Volt 476's onboard 76 Compressor, an innovative analog circuit inspired by UA's classic 1176 Limiting Amplifier. The 76 Compressor features three perfectly tailored presets to tame voice, guitars, synths and drum machines. Just plug in, pick a setting and play.
Stay Inspired with a Curated Suite of Audio Software
Some audio interfaces give you a smattering of random audio apps. Not Volt. Instead, UA put together a bundle of serious music production tools, virtual instruments and plug-ins including Ableton, Melodyne, UJAM’s Virtual Drummer, Marshall, Ampeg and more.
Easy In, Easy Out
Volt 476 gives you simple 4-in/4-out audio connections. Just plug your mics, guitars or synths into the front panel. Then connect your speakers or headphones to monitor your audio with no latency. With Volt, you’ll be producing like a pro, fast.
iPad and iPhone Ready
When traveling light, plug Volt 476 into your iPad or iPhone, and you can easily create beats and samples, record your band’s rehearsals and edit songs anywhere.
Includes a 30-day Free Trial to UAD Spark
Volt 476 users get an extended 30-day free trial to UAD Spark, an ever-expanding library of world-class plug-ins and instruments for a low monthly price. UAD Spark plug-ins run natively on Mac and will give your recordings the pro analog tones heard on your favorite albums.
Capture Inspiration for Years to Come
Featuring rugged metal construction, retro wood sides and sleek industrial design, Volt 476 elevates your production space with impeccable style, built to last decades.
- Desktop 4-in/4-out USB audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion for Mac, PC, iPad and iPhone
- Vintage Mic Preamp mode lets you record voice or guitar with the rich, full sound of a classic UA tube preamp
- Built-in 76 Compressor adds instant clarity and punch to voice, instruments and other sources with all-new analog circuit based on UA's iconic 1176
- Essential suite of audio and music software including Ableton, Melodyne, UJAM’s Virtual Drummer, Marshall, Ampeg and more
- Studio-quality headphone amplifier for loud, clear monitoring
- 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Direct Monitoring for latency-free recording
- Stylish, rugged construction built to withstand years of use
- 1-in/1-out MIDI connections
- USB-C to USB-A cable included
- 5VDC power supply included
- Ableton Live Lite
- Softube Marshall Plexi Classic Amp
- Softube Time & Tone Bundle
- Celemony Melodyne Essential
- Relab LX480 Essentials
- Plugin Alliance Ampeg SVT-VR Classic
- Brainworx bx_tuner
- Brainworx bx_masterdesk Classic
- UJAM Virtual Drummer DEEP
- UJAM Virtual Bassist DANDY
- Spitfire Audio LABS
- Max bit depth: 24-bit
- Max sampling rate: 192kHz
- Total inputs: 4
- Mic preamps: 4
- Total outputs: 4
- Connections: USB 2.0
- MIDI I/O: Yes
- Headphone output(s): 1
- Computer platform: Mac, PC, iOS
- Phantom power: Yes
- Direct monitoring: Yes
- Monitor control: Yes
- Headphone control: Yes
- Analog or digital: Analog/digital
- Connectivity: USB, 1/4”, XLR
- Power supply: Yes
- Cable: USB-C to USB-A cable included
- Stand: No
- Rackmountable: No
- Included software: Yes
- Mac requirements: OS X 10.14 Mojave or later
- Windows requirements: Windows 10 64-bit edition or later
- 64-bit compatible: Yes