Universal Audio UA Bock 187 FET Condenser Microphone
Order it today! This item is backordered, but you can save your place now so you don’t miss it when it’s back in stock. You won’t be charged until it ships.
Videos (1)View All
Universal Audio Bock 187 FET Condenser Mic Recording Gibson SJ-200
The UA Bock 187 is Universal Audio’s large-diaphragm FET condenser mic, built to give vocals and instruments the classic tone of the legendary U 87, with modern sonic enhancements by mic designer David Bock. Handbuilt at the UA Custom Shop in California, this boutique cardioid condenser is destined to be the cornerstone of your studio for years to come.
Capture Classic Sounds, With Modern Flexibility
Vintage U 87 mics are known for their presence, but can get strident when pushed. Our UA Bock 187 enhances this classic design with a larger transformer, refined circuitry, and a unique "fat" mode that delivers a boost between 10Hz and 400Hz. This translates into more dynamic range, presence, and fullness on vocals, guitars and more.
Add a Handmade Masterpiece to Your Mic Locker
The UA Bock 187 is David Bock's inspired take on the legendary U 87 microphones he studied and maintained as chief technical engineer of the world's top recording studios for two decades. Handbuilt at UA’s Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California, the UA Bock 187 mic gives you the "golden unit" tone of an iconic studio staple.
- Premium large-diaphragm cardioid FET studio condenser mic
- Lovingly handmade at the UA Custom Shop in Santa Cruz, California
- Iconic, "golden-unit" mic sounds with modern enhancements by David Bock
- Minimalist Class-A FET circuitry
- Large Cinemag output transformer for rich bass and increased low-frequency headroom
- Microphone type: FET condenser
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20Hz–16kHz, ±2dB
- Sensitivity: –42dB (8mV) ref 1V at 1Pa, 1kHz
- Max SPL: 125dB SPL, 1% THD
- Output impedance: 200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: Greater than 2 kohms
- Power requirements: 48V DC, 0.5mA typical
- Connector: 3-pin XLRM
- Pad (–10dB): Off, on
- Mode (bass contour): Fat, norm
- Lo-cut (120 Hz): Off, on
- Premium wood storage case
- Dimensions: 7.7” (195 mm) length, 2” (50 mm) diameter
- Weight: 1.6 lb. (725 g)
- Shipping weight: 2 lb. (907 g)